Jennifer Boyd Ritsher
- Perinatal Bereavement Grief Scale: distinguishing grief from depression following miscarriageJennifer Boyd Ritsher
Department of Veterans Affairs and Stanford University, CA 94025, USA
Assessment 9:31-40. 2002..Cross-cultural validity was acceptable whether tested by language (Spanish vs. English) or ethnicity (Hispanic vs. other). This measure of yearning enables study of the epidemiology and prognostic value of this key feature of mourning...
- Relationship of treatment orientation and continuing care to remission among substance abuse patientsJennifer Boyd Ritsher
Program Evaluation and Resource Center, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94025, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:595-601. 2002....
- Internal validity of an anxiety disorder screening instrument across five ethnic groupsJennifer Boyd Ritsher
Center for Health Care Evaluation MDP 152, Department of Veterans Affairs and Stanford University School of Medicine, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Psychiatry Res 111:199-213. 2002..Additional studies are warranted to examine the model's external validity, generalizability to more culturally distinct groups, and overlap with other culture-specific syndromes...
- Psychiatric comorbidity, continuing care and mutual help as predictors of five-year remission from substance use disordersJennifer Boyd Ritsher
Center for Health Care Evaluation, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, and Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, California, USA
J Stud Alcohol 63:709-15. 2002....
- Hearing voices: explanations and implicationsJennifer Boyd Ritsher
Center for Health Care Evaluation, US Department of Veterans Affairs California, San Francisco 94121, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 27:219-27. 2004....
- Internalized stigma of mental illness: psychometric properties of a new measureJennifer Boyd Ritsher
Center for Health Care Evaluation, US Department of Veterans Affairs and Stanford University, School of Medicine, Menlo Park, CA, USA
Psychiatry Res 121:31-49. 2003..Having a validated measure of internalized stigma may encourage clinicians to include stigma reduction as a verifiable treatment goal in addition to symptom reduction...
- Association of Rorschach and MMPI psychosis indicators and schizophrenia spectrum diagnoses in a Russian clinical sampleJennifer Boyd Ritsher
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, VA Medical Center 116A, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
J Pers Assess 83:46-63. 2004..Results showed modest support for the SCZI and PTI but not the MMPI indicators. While the field awaits further evidence, psychologists should proceed with caution when using the Rorschach and MMPI to assess for psychosis among Russians...
- Internalized stigma predicts erosion of morale among psychiatric outpatientsJennifer Boyd Ritsher
Department of Psychiatry 116A, University of California and the San Francisco VA Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Psychiatry Res 129:257-65. 2004..The finding that alienation further reduces morale speaks to the difficulty of pulling oneself out of this type of vicious cycle without assistance...