J Steuart Richards
- Validation of the osteoporosis self-assessment tool in US male veteransJ Steuart Richards
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA Department of Medicine, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA Electronic address
J Clin Densitom 17:32-7. 2014..6%, specificity of 33.6%, and an area under the curve for the ROC curve of 0.67. OST index performed better in non-Hispanic whites and males >65 yr. OST predicts osteoporosis with moderate sensitivity and poor specificity in men...
- Adherence with bisphosphonate therapy in US veterans with rheumatoid arthritisJ Steuart Richards
VA Medical Center and Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20422, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 64:1864-70. 2012....
- Anticitrullinated protein antibody (ACPA) in rheumatoid arthritis: influence of an interaction between HLA-DRB1 shared epitope and a deletion polymorphism in glutathione S-transferase in a cross-sectional studyTed R Mikuls
Omaha Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Nebraska Arthritis Outcomes Research Center, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986270 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6270, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R213. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine the associations of GSTM1-null with ACPA positivity in RA and to assess for evidence of interaction between GSTM1 and HLA-DRB1 shared epitope (SE)...
- Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry and evaluation of the osteoporosis self-assessment tool in men with rheumatoid arthritisJ Steuart Richards
Rheumatology Section, Washington DC Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Washington, DC 20422, USA
J Clin Densitom 12:434-40. 2009..DXA was underutilized in males with RA. The OST index correlated with low bone mass but could not reliably predict osteoporosis in this population...
- Osteoporosis risk factor assessment increases the appropriate use of dual energy X-ray absorptiometry in men and reduces ethnic disparityJ Steuart Richards
Rheumatology Section 151 K, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 50 Irving Street, NW, Washington, DC 20422, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 14:1-5. 2008..Male patients are frequently not tested for osteoporosis even in the presence of recognized risk factors for that disease...
- Elderly African-American and Caucasian men are infrequently screened for osteoporosisJ Steuart Richards
Rheumatology Section, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Washington, DC 20422, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 97:714-7. 2005..To retrospectively examine the factors that initiated a request for dual x-ray absorptiometry (DXA) in elderly males in a rheumatology practice and to determine if there were differences between African Americans and Caucasians,..