J M Tour
Affiliation: Rice University
- LiFePO4 nanoparticles encapsulated in graphene nanoshells for high-performance lithium-ion battery cathodesHuilong Fei
Department of Chemistry, Rice University, 6100 Main Street, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
Chem Commun (Camb) 50:7117-9. 2014..The resulting nanocomposite was demonstrated to be a superior lithium-ion battery cathode with improved cycle and rate performances. ..
- Polarizabilities of adsorbed and assembled molecules: measuring the conductance through buried contactsAmanda M Moore
Department of Chemistry, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
ACS Nano 4:7630-6. 2010..Calculations suggest that the switch between the two conductance states is correlated with an oxidation state change in a nitro functional group in the switch molecules...
- Graphene oxide for effective radionuclide removalAnna Yu Romanchuk
Department of Chemistry, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Leninskie Gory, Moscow 119991, Russia
Phys Chem Chem Phys 15:2321-7. 2013..These results point toward a simple methodology to mollify the severity of nuclear waste contamination, thereby leading to effective measures for environmental remediation...
- Enhanced MRI relaxivity of aquated Gd3+ ions by carboxyphenylated water-dispersed graphene nanoribbonsAyrat Gizzatov
Department of Chemistry, Richard E Smalley Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology, Rice University, 6100 Main Street, Hoston, TX 77005, USA
Nanoscale 6:3059-63. 2014....
- Genesis of creativityJames M Tour
Department of Chemistry, and the Smalley Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology, Rice University, 6100 Main Street, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
ACS Nano 6:3649-54. 2012....
- Molecular electronics. Synthesis and testing of componentsJ M Tour
Department of Chemistry and Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology, Rice University, MS 222, 6100 Main Street, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
Acc Chem Res 33:791-804. 2000..A comparison of traditional solid-state devices to molecular systems is described. Issues of cost and ease of manufacture are outlined, along with the syntheses and testing of molecular wires and devices...
- Three-terminal devices to examine single-molecule conductance switchingZ K Keane
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
Nano Lett 6:1518-21. 2006..This suggests that polaron formation is unlikely to be responsible for switching in these devices. We discuss this and alternative switching mechanisms...
- Controlling charge injection in organic field-effect transistors using self-assembled monolayersB H Hamadani
Department of Physics and Astronomy and Smalley Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology, Rice University, 6100 Main Street, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
Nano Lett 6:1303-6. 2006..We systematically examine the contact resistivity and intrinsic channel mobility and show that chemically increasing the injecting electrode work function significantly improves hole injection relative to untreated Au electrodes...
- Phenylene ethynylene diazonium salts as potential self-assembling molecular devicesD V Kosynkin
Department of Chemistry and Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology, MS 222, Rice University, 6100 Main Street, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
Org Lett 3:993-5. 2001..reaction: see text]. Functionalized diazonium salts for molecular electronic devices are prepared by the reaction of the corresponding anilines with NOBF4 in sulfolane-acetonitrile solvent...