Richard J Swartz
Affiliation: Rice University
- The king's foot of patient-reported outcomes: current practices and new developments for the measurement of changeRichard J Swartz
Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University, Houston, TX, USA
Qual Life Res 20:1159-67. 2011..This white paper summarizes these issues and provides recommendations and possible paths for dealing with the complexities of measuring change...
- Reducing patient burden to the FACT-Melanoma quality-of-life questionnaireRichard J Swartz
Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University, Houston, Texas, USA
Melanoma Res 22:158-63. 2012..This methodological approach reduced respondent burden by 25% while maintaining the psychometric integrity of the FACT-M...
- Mode effects in the center for epidemiologic studies depression (CES-D) scale: personal digital assistant vs. paper and pencil administrationRichard J Swartz
Department of Biostatistics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, TX, USA
Qual Life Res 16:803-13. 2007..These results underscore the importance of evaluating the cross-mode equivalence of psychosocial instruments before administering them in non-established modes...
- A randomized prospective trial evaluating testosterone, haemoglobin kinetics and quality of life, during and after 12 months of androgen deprivation after prostatectomy: results from the Postoperative Adjuvant Androgen Deprivation trialPeter C Black
Deparment of Urology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
BJU Int 100:63-9. 2007..To assess testosterone and haemoglobin kinetics in the Postoperative Adjuvant Androgen Deprivation (PAAD) trial, and correlate these with quality of life (QoL) in this prospective randomized study...
- Testis cancer survivors' health behaviors: comparison with age-matched relative and demographically matched population controlsEileen H Shinn
Department of Behavioral Science, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2274-9. 2010....
- Mapping FACT-melanoma quality-of-life scores to EQ-5D health utility weightsRobert L Askew
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 1402, USA
Value Health 14:900-6. 2011..We sought to develop a mapping function from functional assessment of cancer therapy-melanoma (FACT-M) quality of life scores to the EuroQol-5D (EQ-5D) utility scores...