Richard A Schwarz
Affiliation: Rice University
- Autofluorescence and diffuse reflectance spectroscopy of oral epithelial tissue using a depth-sensitive fiber-optic probeRichard A Schwarz
Department of Bioengineering MS 142, Rice University, 6100 Main Street, Keck Hall Suite 116, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
Appl Opt 47:825-34. 2008....
- Accuracy of in vivo multimodal optical imaging for detection of oral neoplasiaMark C Pierce
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 5:801-9. 2012..This in turn may have considerable impact on detection and treatment of patients with oral cancer and other epithelial malignancies...
- Comparison of multispectral wide-field optical imaging modalities to maximize image contrast for objective discrimination of oral neoplasiaDarren Roblyer
Rice University, Department of Bioengineering, Houston, TX 77251 1892, USA
J Biomed Opt 15:066017. 2010..Multispectral widefield images can accurately distinguish neoplastic and non-neoplastic tissue; however, the ability to separate precancerous lesions from cancers with this technique was limited...
- Noninvasive evaluation of oral lesions using depth-sensitive optical spectroscopyRichard A Schwarz
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 115:1669-79. 2009..In this study, we evaluated the diagnostic performance of a depth-sensitive optical spectroscopy (DSOS) system for distinguishing dysplasia and carcinoma from non-neoplastic oral mucosa...
- A translational bioengineering course provides substantial gains in civic scientific literacyRebecca Richards-Kortum
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, Keck Hall Suite 116, 6100 Main St, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 35:1324-32. 2007....
- Multimodal snapshot spectral imaging for oral cancer diagnostics: a pilot studyNoah Bedard
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, 6100 Main Street, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Biomed Opt Express 4:938-49. 2013..The portable device can stream RGB images at 7.2 frames per second and record both autofluorescence and reflectance spectral datacubes in < 1 second. We report initial data from normal volunteers and oral cancer patients...
- Model-based analysis of reflectance and fluorescence spectra for in vivo detection of cervical dysplasia and cancerCrystal Redden Weber
Rice University, Department of Chemistry, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
J Biomed Opt 13:064016. 2008....
- Ball lens coupled fiber-optic probe for depth-resolved spectroscopy of epithelial tissueRichard A Schwarz
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station, C0800, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Opt Lett 30:1159-61. 2005..Differential enhancement of the fluorescence signal from the top layer of the two-layer tissue phantom is observed...
- Reflectance spectroscopy for diagnosis of epithelial precancer: model-based analysis of fiber-optic probe designs to resolve spectral information from epithelium and stromaDizem Arifler
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Appl Opt 44:4291-305. 2005..The probe is extremely compact and can provide easy access to different organ sites...