Affiliation: Rice University
- Boosting forward-time population genetic simulators through genotype compressionTroy Ruths
Department of Computer Science, Rice University, Houston, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 14:192. 2013..Such simulations may be data-intensive, depending on the settings to the various parameters controlling them. In particular, for certain settings, the data footprint may quickly exceed the memory of a single compute node...
- GS2: an efficiently computable measure of GO-based similarity of gene setsTroy Ruths
Department of Computer Science, Rice University, 6100 Main Street, MS 132, Houston, TX, USA
Bioinformatics 25:1178-84. 2009..However, as more data becomes available and gene sets used for analysis become larger, such pair-based calculation becomes prohibitive...
- ncDNA and drift drive binding site accumulationTroy Ruths
Department of Computer Science, Rice University, TX, Houston, USA
BMC Evol Biol 12:159. 2012..The availability of TFBS data from many organisms provides an opportunity to explore these issues, particularly from an evolutionary perspective...
- Neutral forces acting on intragenomic variability shape the Escherichia coli regulatory network topologyTroy Ruths
Department of Computer Science, Rice University, Houston, TX 77251, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:7754-9. 2013....
- Modeling protein structure at near atomic resolutions with GorgonMatthew L Baker
National Center for Macromolecular Imaging, Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Struct Biol 174:360-73. 2011..Examples from cryo-EM maps of Rotavirus and Rice Dwarf Virus are used to demonstrate its applicability to modeling protein structure...