Rachel Tolbert Kimbro
Affiliation: Rice University
- Physical Activity Disparities Between US-born and Immigrant Children by Maternal Region of OriginRachel Tolbert Kimbro
Rice University, 6100 Main St, MS 28, Houston, TX, 77005, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 18:308-17. 2016..Researchers interested in improving the physical activity patterns of second-generation children should consider the relevance of language barriers in promoting healthy living. ..
- Transitions Into Food Insecurity Associated With Behavioral Problems And Worse Overall Health Among ChildrenRachel Tolbert Kimbro
Rachel Tolbert Kimbro is an associate professor in the Department of Sociology at Rice University, in Houston, Texas
Health Aff (Millwood) 34:1949-55. 2015..Taken together, our findings underline the importance of food security for children's healthy development...
- Neighborhood context and racial/ethnic differences in young children's obesity: structural barriers to interventionsRachel Tolbert Kimbro
Department of Sociology, MS 28, Kinder Institute Urban Health Program, Rice University, 6100 Main St, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Soc Sci Med 95:97-105. 2013....
- Race, ethnicity, and the education gradient in healthRachel Tolbert Kimbro
Department of Sociology, Rice University, Houston, Texas, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 27:361-72. 2008..We also show how the education-health relationship varies across Hispanic and Asian subgroups. We argue that any intervention for eliminating health disparities must take these patterns into account...
- Federal food policy and childhood obesity: a solution or part of the problem?Rachel Tolbert Kimbro
Sociology, Rice University, Houston, Texas, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:411-8. 2010..We also find that subsidized meals at school or day care are beneficial for children's weight status, and we argue that expanding access to subsidized meals may be the most effective tool to use in combating obesity in poor children...
- Young children in urban areas: links among neighborhood characteristics, weight status, outdoor play, and television watchingRachel Tolbert Kimbro
Department of Sociology, Rice University, 6100 Main St, MS 28, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Soc Sci Med 72:668-76. 2011....