Affiliation: Rhode Island Hospital
- Wang L, Zhuang S. The Role of Tyrosine Kinase Receptors in Peritoneal Fibrosis. Perit Dial Int. 2015;35:497-505 pubmed publisher..This review will describe the role and mechanisms of RTKs in peritoneal fibrosis and discuss the possibility of using them as therapeutic targets for prevention and treatment of this complication. ..
- Zhao Y, Du J, Chen Y, Tang Y, Qin G, Lv G, et al. Inhibition of Oct 3/4 mitigates the cardiac progenitor-derived myocardial repair in infarcted myocardium. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2015;6:259 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that CSCs-derived cardiac regeneration improves the restoration of cardiac function and is mediated through Oct 3/4. ..
- Wang F, Yin J, Lu Z, Zhang G, Li J, Xing T, et al. Limb ischemic preconditioning protects against contrast-induced nephropathy via renalase. EBioMedicine. 2016;9:356-365 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that limb IPC-induced reno-protection in CIN is dependent on increased renalase expression via activation of the TNF?/NF-?B pathway. ..
- Zhou X, Zang X, Ponnusamy M, Masucci M, Tolbert E, Gong R, et al. Enhancer of Zeste Homolog 2 Inhibition Attenuates Renal Fibrosis by Maintaining Smad7 and Phosphatase and Tensin Homolog Expression. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;27:2092-108 pubmed publisher..Targeted inhibition of EZH2, therefore, could be a novel therapy for treating CKD. ..
- Tang J, Zhuang S. Upregulation of AMWAP: a novel mechanism for HDAC inhibitors to protect against cisplatin nephrotoxicity. Kidney Int. 2016;89:267-9 pubmed publisher..Activated microglia/macrophage WAP-mediated renal protection is associated with suppression of inflammation and renal epithelial cell apoptosis. ..
- Liu F, Zhuang S. Role of Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Signaling in Renal Fibrosis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the evidence for involvement of specific RTKs in renal fibrosis process and the employment of TKIs as a therapeutic approach for renal fibrosis. ..
- Wang L, Liu N, Xiong C, Xu L, Shi Y, Qiu A, et al. Inhibition of EGF Receptor Blocks the Development and Progression of Peritoneal Fibrosis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;27:2631-44 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that EGFR contributes to peritoneal fibrosis, inflammation, and angiogenesis, suggesting that EGFR inhibitors may have therapeutic potential in attenuating peritoneal fibrosis. ..
- Li X, Bayliss G, Zhuang S. Cholesterol Crystal Embolism and Chronic Kidney Disease. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Expanding knowledge of atheroembolic renal disease due to CCE opens perspectives for recognition, diagnosis, and treatment of this cause of progressive renal insufficiency. ..
- Yan Y, Ma L, Zhou X, Ponnusamy M, Tang J, Zhuang M, et al. Src inhibition blocks renal interstitial fibroblast activation and ameliorates renal fibrosis. Kidney Int. 2016;89:68-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, Src is an important mediator of renal interstitial fibroblast activation and renal fibrosis, and we suggest that Src is a potential therapeutic target for treatment of chronic renal fibrosis. ..
- Liu F, Wang L, Qi H, Wang J, Wang Y, Jiang W, et al. Nintedanib, a triple tyrosine kinase inhibitor, attenuates renal fibrosis in chronic kidney disease. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:2125-2143 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that nintedanib is a potent anti-fibrotic agent in the kidney and may hold therapeutic potential as a treatment of chronic fibrotic kidney disease. ..
- Tang J, Yan Y, Zhao T, Gong R, Bayliss G, Yan H, et al. Class I HDAC activity is required for renal protection and regeneration after acute kidney injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2014;307:F303-16 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, renal EGFR signaling is subject to regulation by this class of HDACs. ..
- Zhuang S, Duan M, Yan Y. Src family kinases regulate renal epithelial dedifferentiation through activation of EGFR/PI3K signaling. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:2138-44 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a critical role of SFKs in mediating RPTC dedifferentiation through activation of the EGFR/PI3K signaling pathway. ..