Cynthia A Padula
Affiliation: Rhode Island Hospital
- Exercise and older adults: changing behavior with the transtheoretical modelPatricia M Burbank
College of Nursing, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island, USA
Orthop Nurs 21:51-61; quiz 61-3. 2002..Research studies are documented that support the effectiveness of the TTM in changing behavior. Application of the model is described with specific examples illustrated in two case studies...
- Enteral feedings: what the evidence saysCynthia A Padula
University of Rhode Island College of Nursing, Kingston, USA
Am J Nurs 104:62-9; quiz 70. 2004
- Long-term married couples' health promotion behaviors: identifying factors that impact decision-makingCynthia A Padula
College of Nursing, University of Rhode Island, Kingston 02881 2021, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 32:37-47. 2006..Implications for nursing practice and for further research are discussed...
- Prevention and early detection of pressure ulcers in hospitalized patientsCynthia A Padula
The Miriam Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 35:65-75; discussion 76-8. 2008
- Impact of a nurse-driven mobility protocol on functional decline in hospitalized older adultsCynthia A Padula
The Miriam Hospital, 164 Summit Ave, Providence, RI 02906, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 24:325-31. 2009..Older adults who participated in a mobility protocol maintained or improved functional status and had a reduced length of stay. Practice implications include an emphasis on ambulation in hospitalized older adults...
- Impact of lower extremity strengthening exercises and mobility on fall rates in hospitalized adultsCynthia A Padula
The Miriam Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 26:279-85. 2011..One assisted fall occurred on the intervention unit...