Affiliation: Rhode Island Hospital
- Cadaver treasure hunt: introducing geriatrics concepts in the anatomy classLynn McNicoll
Department of Medicine, Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:962-6. 2012..Evaluations have been mostly positive (82-87% positive responses). The anatomy lecture and "treasure hunt" experience are unique strategies for using cadavers to introduce geriatrics principles into the medical school...
- Delirium in the intensive care unit: occurrence and clinical course in older patientsLynn McNicoll
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 51:591-8. 2003..To describe the occurrence of delirium in a cohort of older medical intensive care unit (ICU) patients and its short-term duration in the hospital and to determine the association between preexisting dementia and the occurrence of delirium...
- Underrecognition of preexisting cognitive impairment by physicians in older ICU patientsMargaret A Pisani
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, PO Box 208057, New Haven, CT 06520 8057, USA
Chest 124:2267-74. 2003..Little is known, however, about physician recognition of preexisting cognitive impairment in the ICU and which patient factors may play a role in physician recognition...
- Short-term outcomes in older intensive care unit patients with dementiaMargaret A Pisani
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8057, USA
Crit Care Med 33:1371-6. 2005..To determine the impact of dementia on the outcomes of intensive care unit (ICU) care and use of ICU interventions among older patients...
- Preliminary derivation of a Nursing Home Confusion Assessment Method based on data from the Minimum Data SetDavid Dosa
Department of Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:1099-105. 2007....
- Cognitive impairment in the intensive care unitMargaret A Pisani
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520 8057, USA
Clin Chest Med 24:727-37. 2003..Moreover, studies that examine the impact of delirium prevention in the ICU on rates of delirium, duration and persistence of delirium, and long-term cognitive and functional outcomes post-ICU stay are greatly needed...
- Detection of delirium in the intensive care unit: comparison of confusion assessment method for the intensive care unit with confusion assessment method ratingsLynn McNicoll
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:495-500. 2005..To compare the Confusion Assessment Method (CAM) and CAM for the Intensive Care Unit (CAM-ICU) methods for detecting delirium in alert, nonintubated older ICU patients...
- Infections in the nursing home: a primer for the practicing physicianDavid Dosa
Division of Geriatrics, Rhode Island Hospital, USA
Med Health R I 90:211-2, 216-7. 2007
- Integrating and evaluating geriatrics in medical school: a novel approach for the challengeRichard W Besdine
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 32:295-308. 2011..Integrating geriatrics across a broad range of courses and clinical experiences is feasible...
- Screening for preexisting cognitive impairment in older intensive care unit patients: use of proxy assessmentMargaret A Pisani
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School ofMedicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 51:689-93. 2003..To determine the prevalence of preexisting cognitive impairment (CI) in patients admitted to the medical intensive care unit (ICU) and compare two different proxy measures of preexisting CI in ICU patients...
- Improving safety culture results in Rhode Island ICUs: lessons learned from the development of action-oriented plansMargaret Cornell Vigorito
Healthcentric Advisors, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 37:509-14. 2011....
- The Rhode Island ICU collaborative: a model for reducing central line-associated bloodstream infection and ventilator-associated pneumonia statewideVera A DePalo
Department of Internal Medicine, Alpert School of Medicine at Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02860, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 19:555-61. 2010....
- The future of delirium research: promising but still room for improvementLynn McNicoll
Aging Clin Exp Res 19:169-71. 2007
- The GENESIS project: culture change at the Miriam HospitalLynn McNicoll
The Miriam Hospital, USA
Med Health R I 88:327-8. 2005
- Patient safety and culture change in hospitalsLynn McNicoll
Quality Partners of Rhode Island, Providence 02908, USA
Med Health R I 88:242-4. 2005
- Working together to improve ICU care in Rhode IslandCathy E Duquette
Hospital Association of Rhode Island, USA
Med Health R I 88:286-8. 2005