Richard J Goldberg
Affiliation: Rhode Island Hospital
- Behavioral/primary care integration: a failed ventureRichard J Goldberg
Rhode Island Hospital, Miriam Hospital in Providence, R I, USA
Behav Healthc Tomorrow 11:8-9. 2002
- Management of behavioral complications of dementiaRichard J Goldberg
Brown Medical School, Rhode Island Hospital, Miriam Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
Med Health R I 85:281-5. 2002....
- Financial incentives influencing the integration of mental health care and primary careR J Goldberg
Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence 02903, USA
Psychiatr Serv 50:1071-5. 1999..This model increases motivation to lower overall utilization of care, improve patients' overall health status, and search for more effective models of care...
- Psychiatry billing for nursing home services: understanding coding optionsRichard J Goldberg
Rhode Island Hospital and The Miriam Hospital, Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 6:209-14. 2005..Documentation, background information, and proposed note formatting are also provided. Proper use of the E&M series can provide valuable coding options...
- Billing for psychiatric evaluations: options for coding and reimbursementRichard J Goldberg
Department of Psychiatry, Brown University and Rhode Island Hospital and The Miriam Hospital, 593 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 26:296-301. 2004....
- Tardive dyskinesia in elderly patients: an updateRichard J Goldberg
Departments of Psychiatry and Medicine, Brown University, and Rhode Island Hospital and The Miriam Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 4:S32-42. 2003..This article reviews the relationship between TD and aging and its treatment in elderly patients...
- Depression in the workplace: costs and barriers to treatmentR J Goldberg
Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Psychiatr Serv 52:1639-43. 2001..The workers' compensation system and the courts have been slow to recognize depression as a work-related disability, and as a result employers have few incentives to treat and prevent workplace depression...
- Financial management challenges for general hospital psychiatry 2001R J Goldberg
Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 23:67-72. 2001..Finally, it is hoped that some leaders will emerge who can further our needs to address inequities in mental health fee schedules and parity issues which affect our program viability...
- Alzheimer's diseaseRichard J Goldberg
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, and Department of Psychiatry, Rhode Island Hospital, 593 Eddy Street, APC Building, Room 971, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Compr Ther 33:58-64. 2007..There are significant efforts underway to elucidate the pathogenesis of this disease and to find ways to lessen the impact of the symptoms. This paper summarizes current knowledge regarding the diagnosis and treatment of the disorder...
- Implications of the Balanced Budget Act of 1997 for general hospital psychiatry inpatient units providing medical and psychiatric servicesR J Goldberg
Rhode Island Hospital, and The Miriam Hospital, Departments of Psychiatry and Medicine, Brown University, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 22:11-6. 2000..Finally, it encourages active participation in psychiatric access and quality standards development and with legislation, such as The Medicare Psychiatric Hospital Prospective Payment System Act of 1999...
- Bureaucratic breakdown: clinical services are sufferingRichard J Goldberg
Rhode Island Hospital, Miriam Hospital, Providence, R I, USA
Behav Healthc Tomorrow 11:11-2. 2002
- Weight change in depressed nursing home patients on mirtazapineRichard J Goldberg
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:1461. 2002