Lori A Daiello
Affiliation: Rhode Island Hospital
- Atypical antipsychotics for the treatment of dementia-related behaviors: an updateLori A Daiello
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, USA
Med Health R I 90:191-4. 2007..Treatment of behavioral symptoms in AD and other dementias is challenging. The limitations of current approaches drive the search for effective, well tolerated therapies...
- Effects of cholinesterase inhibitors on visual attention in drivers with Alzheimer diseaseLori A Daiello
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Brown University, Providence, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 30:245-51. 2010..We conducted a combined observational cohort and case-control study in patients with Alzheimer disease (AD) to assess the effects of acetylcholinesterase inhibitor (ChEI) treatment on cognitive functions important for driving...
- Antipsychotic use and the risk of diabetes in nursing home residents with dementiaJessica J Jalbert
Department of Community Health Epidemiology, Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 9:153-63. 2011..Growing evidence suggests an association between antipsychotic use and diabetes onset in schizophrenia, but little is known about this association among patients with dementia...
- Dementia of the Alzheimer typeJessica J Jalbert
Department of Community Health Epidemiology, Warren Alpert School of Medicine at Brown University, 121 South Main, Box G, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Epidemiol Rev 30:15-34. 2008..Although advances have been made, more research is needed to address the gaps in our understanding of the disease...
- Effect of discontinuing cholinesterase inhibitor therapy on behavioral and mood symptoms in nursing home patients with dementiaLori A Daiello
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Alpert School of Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 7:74-83. 2009..Cholinesterase inhibitors (CHEIs) ameliorate some types of behavioral symptoms in patients with Alzheimer's disease. However, there has been little previous study of the outcomes associated with discontinuing these medications...
- Current issues in dementia pharmacotherapyLori A Daiello
Pharmacotherapy Solutions, 2115 Ivanhoe Rd, Orlando, FL 32804, USA
Am J Manag Care 13:S198-202. 2007....
- Interactive grand rounds: mood stabilizers in dementiaJ Craig Nelson
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Geriatrics 57:suppl 2-5. 2002
- University of Miami Division of Clinical Pharmacology Therapeutic Rounds: medications used to treat anorexia in the frail elderlyAdam G Golden
Department of Internal Medicine, Orlando Regional Healthcare, Orlando, Florida 32806, USA
Am J Ther 10:292-8. 2003..This article also discusses the effects of the different antidepressants and antipsychotics on weight gain and appetite...