B S Anand
Affiliation: Reproductive Genetics Institute
- Assessment of correlation between serum titers of hepatitis C virus and severity of liver diseaseBhupinder S Anand
Digestive Diseases Section, VA Medical Center, 2002 Holcombe Blvd Houston, Texas 77030, USA
World J Gastroenterol 10:2409-11. 2004..The aim of the present study was to determine if there was any correlation between HCV viral load and the severity of liver disease...
- Alcohol has no effect on hepatitis C virus replication: a meta-analysisB S Anand
Department of Medicine, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gut 54:1468-72. 2005..The mechanism by which alcohol worsens HCV related liver disease is not properly understood. One possibility is that alcohol stimulates HCV replication, and the present meta-analysis was performed to examine this issue...
- Drug treatment of the complications of cirrhosis in the older adultB S Anand
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Drugs Aging 18:575-85. 2001..The only definitive treatment of cirrhosis is liver transplantation. Advanced age is not a contraindication to transplantation, and survival in older patients (aged >60 years) is comparable to that in younger individuals...
- Tubulovillous adenoma of anal canal: a case reportBhupinder S Anand
Department of Medicine, Digestive Diseases Section 111D, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, 2002 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
World J Gastroenterol 12:1780-1. 2006..Although seen rarely, it is important to recognize and treat these tumors at an early stage because of their potential to transform into adenocarcinoma...
- Alcohol use and treatment of hepatitis C virus: results of a national multicenter studyBhupinder S Anand
Department of Medicine, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Gastroenterology 130:1607-16. 2006..The aim of the study was to determine the impact of alcohol use on HCV treatment outcomes...
- Black patients with chronic hepatitis C have a lower sustained viral response rate than non-Blacks with genotype 1, but the same with genotypes 2/3, and this is not explained by more frequent dose reductions of interferon and ribavirin*N Brau
Veteran Affairs Medical Centers, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
J Viral Hepat 13:242-9. 2006..This is not explained by their lower baseline haemoglobin levels and neutrophil counts that lead to higher rates of ribavirin and interferon dose reductions...
- Assessment of fatigue and psychologic disturbances in patients with hepatitis C virus infectionJ Obhrai
Digestive Diseases Section, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 32:413-7. 2001..These observations are important because proper management of the psychologic symptoms may have a favorable impact on the quality of life of patients with HCV infection...
- Assessment of liver histology in chronic alcoholics with and without hepatitis C virus infectionS Anderson
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine and VA Medical Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Dig Dis Sci 46:1393-8. 2001..In chronic alcoholics, the development of cirrhosis is related more to the amount of alcohol consumed than to the presence of HCV infection...