Tamar C Renaud
- The free condom initiative: promoting condom availability and use in New York CityTamar C Renaud
Bureau of HIV Prevention and Control, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York, NY 10013, USA
Public Health Rep 124:481-9. 2009..Special efforts are needed to ensure availability at gay bars...
- The effect of HIV field-based testing on the proportion of notified partners who test for HIV in New York CityTamar C Renaud
Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Bureau of HIV Prevention and Control, New York, NY, USA
Am J Public Health 101:1168-71. 2011..82), but we identified more than double the number of new positives (11 vs 25). All positive and 97% of negative results were received by the person tested...
- Differences in risk behaviors and partnership patterns between younger and older men who have sex with men in New York CityAngelica Bocour
Bureau of HIV AIDS Prevention and Control, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York, NY, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 58:417-23. 2011..Given that in NYC MSM younger than 30 years represent a growing proportion of new diagnoses among MSM, we examined differences between MSM by age...
- Do sexual risk behaviors differ between heterosexual youth infected with HIV perinatally versus sexually?Tamar C Renaud
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Bureau of HIV Prevention and Control, Long Island City, NY, USA
J Adolesc Health 53:222-7. 2013..To determine if sexually active heterosexual HIV-infected 15- to 24-year-old youth have different sexual or other risk behaviors depending on whether they were infected perinatally or heterosexually...
- Comparing HIV partner notification effectiveness between blacks and Hispanics in New York CityAngelica Bocour
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Bureau of HIV AIDS Prevention and Control, New York, NY 10013, USA
Sex Transm Dis 37:784-8. 2010..Fewer Hispanics needed to be interviewed to identify 1 newly diagnosed partner as compared with blacks (24 vs. 60, P < 0.01), but number needed to be interviewed was similar for identifying partners with any HIV infection...
- HIV partner services are associated with timely linkage to HIV medical careAngelica Bocour
HIV Epidemiology and Field Services Program, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York, New York, USA
AIDS 27:2961-3. 2013..The New York City Health Department formed a unit in 2006 to expedite partner services. We examined the contribution of our HIV partner services program in improving timely linkage and retention in HIV medical care. ..