David B Lipps
Affiliation: Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- How gender and task difficulty affect a sport-protective response in young adultsDavid B Lipps
University of Michigan, Biomedical Engineering, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Sports Sci 31:723-30. 2013..001). This study suggests that baseball and softball pitchers and fielders should have sufficient time to protect their head from a batted ball under optimal conditions if they are adequately prepared for the task...
- Anterior cruciate ligament fatigue failures in knees subjected to repeated simulated pivot landingsDavid B Lipps
David B Lipps, Sensory Motor Performance Program, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, 345 East Superior Street, Room 1401, Chicago, IL 60611
Am J Sports Med 41:1058-66. 2013..It is not known whether the human anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is susceptible to fatigue failure as a result of repetitive loading or whether certain knee morphologic characteristics increase that risk...
- Evaluation of different methods for measuring lateral tibial slope using magnetic resonance imagingDavid B Lipps
Sensory Motor Performance Program, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Sports Med 40:2731-6. 2012..Methods for measuring LTS on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans of the proximal tibia include the midpoint and circle methods. No current studies have validated different LTS measurement methods using a proximal tibia MRI scan...
- What strains the anterior cruciate ligament during a pivot landing?Youkeun K Oh
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am J Sports Med 40:574-83. 2012..The relative contributions of an axial tibial torque and frontal plane moment to anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) strain during pivot landings are unknown...
- A novel clinical test of recognition reaction time in healthy adultsJames T Eckner
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48108, USA
Psychol Assess 24:249-54. 2012..Potential applications include assessment of brain injury, dementing illness, medication side effects, fall risk, and safe driving...
- Morphologic characteristics help explain the gender difference in peak anterior cruciate ligament strain during a simulated pivot landingDavid B Lipps
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Sports Med 40:32-40. 2012..Biomechanical principles suggest that the direction of these gender differences should induce larger peak ACL strains in females under dynamic loading...
- Can a clinical test of reaction time predict a functional head-protective response?James T Eckner
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 43:382-7. 2011..The purpose of this study was to determine whether a clinical test of simple visuomotor reaction time predicted the time taken to raise the hands to protect the head from a rapidly approaching ball...
- On the implications of a sex difference in the reaction times of sprinters at the Beijing OlympicsDavid B Lipps
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e26141. 2011..We estimate that female sprinters would have similar reaction times to male sprinters if the force threshold used at Beijing was lowered by 22% in order to account for their lesser muscle strength...