T A Kuiken
Affiliation: Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- The effect of subcutaneous fat on myoelectric signal amplitude and cross-talkT A Kuiken
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, the Department of PM and R at Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Prosthet Orthot Int 27:48-54. 2003..This demonstrates that fat reduction surgery can increase surface EMG signal amplitude and signal independence for improved prosthesis control...
- Computerized biofeedback knee goniometer: acceptance and effect on exercise behavior in post-total knee arthroplasty rehabilitationTodd A Kuiken
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, 345 E Superior Street, Rm 1124, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 85:1026-30. 2004..To assess device accuracy, patient acceptance, and effect of a computerized biofeedback knee goniometer (CBG), on patients' compliance with active range of motion (AROM) exercises after total knee arthroplasty (TKA)...
- The use of targeted muscle reinnervation for improved myoelectric prosthesis control in a bilateral shoulder disarticulation amputeeT A Kuiken
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Department of PM and R at Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Prosthet Orthot Int 28:245-53. 2004..Subjectively the patient clearly preferred the new prosthesis. He reported that it was easier and faster to use, and felt more natural...
- Targeted reinnervation for improved prosthetic functionTodd Kuiken
Neural Engineering Center for Artificial Limbs, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Room 1124, 345 East Superior Street, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am 17:1-13. 2006..It is hoped that future research will develop the technique further and build synergistically with other exciting research areas...
- Finite element modeling of electromagnetic signal propagation in a phantom armT A Kuiken
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Northwestern University Medical School, IL 60611, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 9:346-54. 2001..Index Terms-Control, electromyography (EMG), finite element (FE), modeling, prosthesis...
- Toward the development of a neural interface for lower limb prosthesis controlL J Hargrove
Neural Engineering Center for Artificial Limbs, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:2111-4. 2009..This paper describes the work completed to date in developing a novel lower limb neural interface...
- Spatial filtering improves EMG classification accuracy following targeted muscle reinnervationHe Huang
Neural Engineering Center for Artificial Limbs, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, 345 E Superior Street, Suite 1406, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 37:1849-57. 2009..These results suggest that double differential EMG recordings may further improve the TMR-based neural interface for robust, multifunctional control of artificial arms...
- Todd Kuiken: pioneer of prosthesesJames Butcher
Lancet Neurol 6:210. 2007