F Jeffrey Friedlin
Affiliation: Regenstrief Institute
- Evaluating current automatic de-identification methods with Veteran's health administration clinical documentsOscar Ferrández
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:109. 2012....
- Automatic de-identification of textual documents in the electronic health record: a review of recent researchStephane M Meystre
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 10:70. 2010..Well aware of these issues, several authors have investigated automated de-identification of narrative text documents from the electronic health record, and a review of recent research in this domain is presented here...
- A software tool for removing patient identifying information from clinical documentsF Jeff Friedlin
Regenstrief Institute, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 15:601-10. 2008..We conclude that MeDS successfully de-identified a wide range of medical documents from numerous sources and creates scrubbed reports that retain their interpretability, thereby maintaining their usefulness for research...
- An evaluation of medical knowledge contained in Wikipedia and its use in the LOINC databaseJeff Friedlin
Regenstrief Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 17:283-7. 2010..76%) were mis-matches. The current release of RELMA and LOINC include Wikipedia descriptions of LOINC parts obtained as a direct result of this project...
- Natural language processing for the development of a clinical registry: a validation study in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasmsMohammad A Al-Haddad
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
HPB (Oxford) 12:688-95. 2010..We seek to develop a novel NLP system that could be applied in our clinical network to develop a functional registry of IPMN patients...