T M Damush
Affiliation: Regenstrief Institute
- Risk factors for nonelective hospitalization in frail and older adult, inner-city outpatientsTeresa M Damush
Regenstief Institute for Health Care, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Gerontologist 44:68-75. 2004..In our study, we sought to improve the accuracy of predicting the risk of hospitalization and to identify older, inner-city patients who could be targeted for preventive interventions...
- Predictors of older primary care patients' participation in a submaximal exercise test and a supervised, low-impact exercise classT M Damush
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute for Health Care, 1050 Wishard Boulevard, RG 6, Indianapolis 46202 2872, USA
Prev Med 33:485-94. 2001..Our primary interest was in the rates of exercise test and class participation. Of secondary interest were the medical record and baseline survey predictors of test and class participation...
- Body-mass index and 4-year change in health-related quality of lifeTeresa M Damush
Indiana University Center for Aging Research and Regenstrief Institute for Health Care, Indianapolis, IN
J Aging Health 14:195-210. 2002..To determine the effect of body-mass index (BMI) categories (a proxy for adiposity) on 4-year changes in health-related quality of life (HRQL) independent of baseline disease severity...
- Acute low back pain self-management intervention for urban primary care patients: rationale, design, and predictors of participationTeresa M Damush
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute for Health Care, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Arthritis Rheum 47:372-9. 2002..Issues related to recruitment and protocol delivery, and attendance patterns and predictors of program attendance are described...
- The long-term effects of a self-management program for inner-city primary care patients with acute low back painTeresa M Damush
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute Inc, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1050 Wishard Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN 46202 2872, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:2632-8. 2003..We evaluated the effect of a self-management program for low-income primary care patients with acute low back pain (ALBP) from inner-city neighborhood health centers...
- Randomized trial of a self-management program for primary care patients with acute low back pain: short-term effectsTeresa M Damush
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute, Inc and Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202 2872, USA
Arthritis Rheum 49:179-86. 2003..We evaluated the effect of a self-management program (SMP) on primary care patients with acute low back pain (ALBP) from low income, inner city neighborhood health centers and an emergency department of a public teaching hospital...
- Implementing evidence-based patient self-management programs in the Veterans Health Administration: perspectives on delivery system design considerationsT M Damush
Richard L Roudebush VAMC, VA Stroke QUERI Center and HSRD COE, Indiana University Dept of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Inc, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:68-71. 2010....
- The effects of strength training on strength and health-related quality of life in older adult womenT M Damush
Regenstrief Institute for Health Care, Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Indianapolis, USA
Gerontologist 39:705-10. 1999..The elastic bands provide older adult women with an inexpensive, practical exercise program that effectively increases strength within 8 weeks but may have little effect on self-reported HRQOL...
- Prevalence and correlates of physician recommendations to exercise among older adultsT M Damush
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, School of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis 46202 2859, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 54:M423-7. 1999..This study explored the prevalence of and factors associated with physician suggestions to exercise in a sample of older adults...
- Barriers and facilitators to exercise among stroke survivorsTeresa M Damush
VA Stroke QUERI, Roudebush VAMC, USA
Rehabil Nurs 32:253-60, 262. 2007..We intend to incorporate these findings into a post-stroke self-management exercise program...
- Effectiveness of collaborative care for older adults with Alzheimer disease in primary care: a randomized controlled trialChristopher M Callahan
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute Inc, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
JAMA 295:2148-57. 2006..Most older adults with dementia will be cared for by primary care physicians, but the primary care practice environment presents important challenges to providing quality care...
- The implementation of an oncologist referred, exercise self-management program for older breast cancer survivorsTeresa M Damush
Center of Excellence on Implementing Evidence Based Practice, HSRD, Roudebush VAMC, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Psychooncology 15:884-90. 2006..With increased breast cancer survivor rates among older women, the negative outcomes of breast cancer treatment may linger for years...
- The effects of health and environment on exercise-class participation in older, urban womenWanzhu Tu
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute, Inc, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Aging Phys Act 12:480-96. 2004..This research highlights the need to better understand environmental barriers when promoting physical activities in older women...
- Relationships between exercise self-definitions and exercise participation among urban women in primary careLaura M Hays
Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 20:9-17. 2005..If this result is found to be supported in future studies, nurses may want to consider assessing self-definitions when helping patients initiate and maintain an exercise program...
- Outcomes of an exercise program for older women recruited through primary careDaniel O Clark
J Aging Health 15:567-85. 2003..This study reports the social cognitive, health status, and health service use outcomes of an exercise intervention among women over 50 years of age...
- Development and implementation of nonpharmacologic protocols for the management of patients with Alzheimer's disease and their families in a multiracial primary care settingMary Guerriero Austrom
Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine, 541 Clinical Dr, CL 590, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Gerontologist 44:548-53. 2004....
- The impact of poststroke depression on healthcare use by veterans with acute strokeHuanguang Jia
VA Stroke QUERI Research Coordinating Center, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Stroke 37:2796-801. 2006..Limited information is available about its impact on healthcare use. This study assessed the impact of PSD on healthcare use by veterans with acute stroke...
- Predictors of life satisfaction in retired physicians and spousesMary Guerriero Austrom
Department of Psychiatry, 541 Clinical Drive, CL 590, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 38:134-41. 2003..Information on physician spouses following retirement is currently not available. Therefore, we conducted a survey of a multi-disciplinary group of retired physicians and their spouses on adjustment to retirement...