Susan D Croll
Affiliation: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- VEGF-mediated inflammation precedes angiogenesis in adult brainSusan D Croll
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Exp Neurol 187:388-402. 2004..Furthermore, administration of low doses of VEGF induces permeability and inflammation without appreciable vascular proliferation...
- Mice genetically deficient in neuromedin U receptor 2, but not neuromedin U receptor 1, have impaired nociceptive responsesRichard Torres
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Pain 130:267-78. 2007..Thus, the pro-nociceptive effects of NMU in mice appear to be mediated through NMUR2, not NMUR1...
- VEGF-Trap: a VEGF blocker with potent antitumor effectsJocelyn Holash
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Incorporated, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:11393-8. 2002..VEGF-Trap-mediated blockade may be superior to that achieved by other agents, such as monoclonal antibodies targeted against the VEGF receptor...
- Dexamethasone treatment and ICAM-1 deficiency impair VEGF-induced angiogenesis in adult brainLora J Kasselman
Neuropsychology Doctoral Subprogram, Graduate Center of the City University of New York, NY, USA
J Vasc Res 44:283-91. 2007..Pathological VEGF-induced angiogenesis is preceded by vascular leak and inflammation, which have been proposed to mediate subsequent angiogenesis...
- Spontaneous limbic seizures after intrahippocampal infusion of brain-derived neurotrophic factorHelen E Scharfman
Center for Neural Recovery and Rehabilitation Research, Helen Hayes Hospital, West Haverstraw, New York, 10993-1195, USA
Exp Neurol 174:201-14. 2002..These data support the hypothesis that intrahippocampal BDNF infusion can facilitate, and potentially initiate, seizure activity in adult hippocampus...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor triggers transcription-dependent, late phase long-term potentiation in vivoElhoucine Messaoudi
Department of Physiology and Locus on Neuroscience, University of Bergen, N-5009 Bergen, Norway
J Neurosci 22:7453-61. 2002..In contrast, BDNF-LTP was completely occluded during the late phase. The results strongly support a role for BDNF in triggering transcription-dependent, late phase LTP in the intact adult brain...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in seizures: a double-edged swordSusan D Croll
Department of Psychology, Queens College and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York, Flushing, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 548:57-68. 2004..Although only further research will determine the exact nature of VEGF's role after seizures, preliminary data indicate that VEGF plays a protective role after seizures...
- Continuous exposure to brain-derived neurotrophic factor is required for persistent activation of TrkB receptor, the ERK signaling pathway, and the induction of neuropeptide Y production in cortical culturesAyalla Barnea
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9032, USA
Brain Res 1020:106-17. 2004..We propose that, within the time frame analyzed in this study, BDNF does not lead to the downregulation of TrkB receptor or of the biological responses leading to NPY production...
- Depression of synaptic transmission by vascular endothelial growth factor in adult rat hippocampus and evidence for increased efficacy after chronic seizuresDaniel P McCloskey
Center for Neural Recovery and Rehabilitation Research, Helen Hayes Hospital, West Haverstraw, New York 10993, USA
J Neurosci 25:8889-97. 2005..Based on this, we suggest that VEGF or VEGF-related targets could provide useful endpoints to direct novel therapeutic strategies for epilepsy...