Wulf H Utian
Affiliation: Rapid Medical Research
- Quality of life (QOL) in menopauseWulf H Utian
Consultant in Women s Health, The Cleveland Clinic, Professor Emeritus, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, United States
Maturitas 57:100-2. 2007..Beyond safety and efficacy evaluation of drug therapies, there is an absolute need to know about the real impact of these therapies on overall quality of life...
- Relief of vasomotor symptoms and vaginal atrophy with lower doses of conjugated equine estrogens and medroxyprogesterone acetateW H Utian
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Fertil Steril 75:1065-79. 2001..To evaluate the efficacy of lower doses of conjugated equine estrogens (CEE) plus medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA) for relieving vasomotor symptoms and vaginal atrophy...
- Comparative controlled trial of a novel oral estrogen therapy, estradiol acetate, for relief of menopause symptomsWulf H Utian
Department of Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic, Case University, OH, USA
Menopause 12:708-15. 2005..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of a new oral estradiol prodrug, estradiol acetate, with micronized estradiol or conjugated equine estrogens for alleviation of postmenopausal vasomotor and urogenital symptoms...
- Psychosocial and socioeconomic burden of vasomotor symptoms in menopause: a comprehensive reviewWulf H Utian
North American Menopause Society, 5900 Lander Brook Drive, Mayfield Heights, OH 44124, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:47. 2005....
- NIH and WHI: time for a mea culpa and steps beyondWulf H Utian
The North American Menopause Society, Mayfield Heights, OH 44124, USA
Menopause 14:1056-9. 2007..There is too much relevant and important information within the WHI to allow the overall study to continue to be perceived as biased to the detriment of both the National Institutes of Health and the study itself...
- Body mass index does not influence response to treatment, nor does body weight change with lower doses of conjugated estrogens and medroxyprogesterone acetate in early postmenopausal womenWulf H Utian
Rapid Medical Research, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Menopause 11:306-14. 2004....
- Effect of raloxifene on quality of life: a prospective study using the Utian Quality of Life (UQOL) ScaleWulf H Utian
Rapid Medical Research Inc, Cleveland, OH, USA
Menopause 11:275-80. 2004..The current study is the first to use the UQOL in ascertaining treatment effects on quality of life in postmenopausal women...
- Relief of hot flushes with new plant-derived 10-component synthetic conjugated estrogensWulf H Utian
Rapid Medical Research, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:245-53. 2004..A study was conducted to evaluate the safety and efficacy of 3 different doses of synthetic conjugated estrogens B, a new plant-derived 10-component conjugated estrogens product, for the treatment of menopausal vasomotor symptoms...
- Bazedoxifene/conjugated estrogens and quality of life in postmenopausal womenWulf Utian
Rapid Medical Research, Cleveland, OH, USA
Maturitas 63:329-35. 2009..To assess the effects of bazedoxifene/conjugated estrogens (BZA/CE) on sleep parameters and health-related quality of life (HR-QOL)...
- What are the key issues women face when ending hormone replacement therapy?Wulf H Utian
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 70:93-4. 2003
- The Utian Quality of Life (UQOL) Scale: development and validation of an instrument to quantify quality of life through and beyond menopauseWulf H Utian
Department of Reproductive Biology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Menopause 9:402-10. 2002..Believing that QOL should refer more to "sense of well-being," we have developed the Utian QOL scale (UQOL) that is strongly based on perception of sense of well-being as distinct from menopausal symptoms...
- Impact of hormone therapy on quality of life after menopauseWulf H Utian
From the 1Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 2Gynecology and Women s Health, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 3RMR Inc, Cleveland, OH and 4University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Menopause 20:1098-105. 2013....
- A methodology study to validate a structured diagnostic method used to diagnose female sexual dysfunction and its subtypes in postmenopausal womenWulf H Utian
Department of Reproductive Biology, Case University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Sex Marital Ther 31:271-83. 2005..The results showed that the method had good convergent validity and excellent intrarater reliability. Thus, we conclude that the SDM can reliably diagnose FSD status and FSD subtypes in postmenopausal women...
- Hormones and quality of life after surgical menopauseWulf H Utian
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 15:975-6. 2006
- The effects of combined raloxifene and oral estrogen on vasomotor symptoms and endometrial safetyDale W Stovall
Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond 23235, USA
Menopause 14:510-7. 2007....
- Lowest effective transdermal 17beta-estradiol dose for relief of hot flushes in postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trialGloria A Bachmann
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Obstet Gynecol 110:771-9. 2007..To investigate the efficacy of micro-dose transdermal estrogen in relieving menopausal vasomotor symptoms...
- Comparative effects of raloxifene and alendronate on fracture outcomes in postmenopausal women with low bone massRobert R Recker
Creighton University, Osteoporosis Research Center, 601 North 30th Street, Suite 5766, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Bone 40:843-51. 2007..In summary, as this trial was terminated early, there was insufficient power to compare the fracture risks between alendronate and raloxifene. Safety profiles were as expected from clinical trial and post-marketing reports...
- Estrogen and progestogen use in postmenopausal women: July 2008 position statement of The North American Menopause SocietyWulf H Utian
Menopause 15:584-602. 2008....
- Hormone therapy and risk of gynecologic cancersWulf H Utian
JAMA 291:42; author reply 43. 2004
- Assessment and management of women's sexual dysfunctions: problematic desire and arousalRosemary Basson
UBC Department of Psychiatry, B C Centre for Sexual Medicine, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Sex Med 2:291-300. 2005..The frequent poor correlation of women's subjective sexual arousal and observable increases in genital congestion in response to sexual stimulation has not been reflected in assessment, diagnosis, or management...