Shawn D Whiteman
Affiliation: Purdue University
- Sibling influence on mexican-origin adolescents' deviant and sexual risk behaviors: the role of sibling modelingShawn D Whiteman
Human Development and Family Studies, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana Electronic address
J Adolesc Health 54:587-92. 2014..The present study addressed this gap by examining the role of sibling modeling in explaining changes in Mexican-origin youths' deviant and sexual risk behaviors over time...
- Similarities and differences in adolescent siblings' alcohol-related attitudes, use, and delinquency: evidence for convergent and divergent influence processesShawn D Whiteman
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Purdue University, 1202 W State St, West Lafayette, IN, 47907, USA
J Youth Adolesc 43:687-97. 2014..The discussion focuses on refining the study of sibling influence, with particular attention paid to the operation and implications of both convergent and divergent influence processes. ..
- The development and implications of peer emotional support for student service members/veterans and civilian college studentsShawn D Whiteman
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2055, USA
J Couns Psychol 60:265-78. 2013..Results suggest that mental health practitioners, particularly those on college campuses, should be prepared to deal with veteran-specific experiences that occur before and during college...
- Similarities in adolescent siblings' substance use: testing competing pathways of influenceShawn D Whiteman
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 74:104-13. 2013..The present study addressed this gap by exploring the links between multiple influence processes and sibling similarities in alcohol and substance use...
- Mechanisms of sibling socialization in normative family developmentShawn D Whiteman
Department of Child Development and Family Studies at Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
New Dir Child Adolesc Dev 2009:29-43. 2009..Research on sibling influence also can be improved by integrating these theories and attending to their domains of influence...
- Characteristics and correlates of sibling relationships in two-parent African American familiesSusan M McHale
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Fam Psychol 21:227-35. 2007..The findings target sociocultural factors to consider in interventions for African American families...