Affiliation: Purdue University
- Social contact patterns and control strategies for influenza in the elderlyS Towers
Department of Mathematics, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, United States Electronic address
Math Biosci 240:241-9. 2012....
- The influence of climatic conditions on the transmission dynamics of the 2009 A/H1N1 influenza pandemic in ChileGerardo Chowell
Mathematical, Computational and Modeling Sciences Center, School of Human Evolution and Social Change, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, USA
BMC Infect Dis 12:298. 2012..Here we analyzed the spatial, age and temporal evolution of the 2009 A/H1N1 influenza pandemic in Chile, a southern hemisphere country covering a long and narrow strip comprising latitudes 17°S to 56°S...
- The impact of school closures on pandemic influenza: Assessing potential repercussions using a seasonal SIR modelSherry Towers
Department of Mathematics, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, United States
Math Biosci Eng 9:413-30. 2012..Our studies thus suggest that when heterogeneity in transmission is a significant factor, decisions of public health policy will be particularly important as to how control measures such as school closures should be implemented...
- Pandemic H1N1 influenza: predicting the course of a pandemic and assessing the efficacy of the planned vaccination programme in the United StatesS Towers
Department of Statistics, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Euro Surveill 14:19358. 2009....
- Antiviral treatment for pandemic influenza: assessing potential repercussions using a seasonally forced SIR modelS Towers
Department of Mathematics, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Theor Biol 289:259-68. 2011..e.; towards immediate control of a current epidemic peak, or towards potential delay and/or reduction of an anticipated autumn peak)...