Affiliation: Purdue University
- Shah K, Vincent F. Divergent roles of c-Src in controlling platelet-derived growth factor-dependent signaling in fibroblasts. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5418-32 pubmed..Finally, this study reveals a mechanism by which Src family kinases may control PDGF-mediated responses both at transcriptional and translational levels. ..
- Wang J, Nikhil K, Viccaro K, Chang L, Jacobsen M, Sandusky G, et al. The Aurora-A-Twist1 axis promotes highly aggressive phenotypes in pancreatic carcinoma. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1078-1093 pubmed publisher..This is the first study that links Twist1 in a feedback loop with its activating kinase, which indicates that concurrent inhibition of AURKA and Twist1 will be synergistic in inhibiting pancreatic tumorigenesis and metastasis. ..
- Venkataramana Reddy P, Mishra S, Tantak M, Nikhil K, Sadana R, Shah K, et al. Design, synthesis and in vitro cytotoxicity studies of novel β-carbolinium bromides. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:1379-1384 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the most potent β-carbolines 16l and 16s were found to inhibit tubulin polymerization. ..
- Shah K, Rossie S. Tale of the Good and the Bad Cdk5: Remodeling of the Actin Cytoskeleton in the Brain. Mol Neurobiol. 2018;55:3426-3438 pubmed publisher..These substrates have unraveled the molecular mechanisms by which Cdk5 plays divergent roles in regulating neuronal actin cytoskeletal dynamics both in healthy and diseased states. ..
- Nikhil K, Shah K. The Cdk5-Mcl-1 axis promotes mitochondrial dysfunction and neurodegeneration in a model of Alzheimer's disease. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:3023-3039 pubmed publisher..These results emphasize the potential of Mcl-1 upregulation as an attractive therapeutic strategy for delaying or preventing neurodegeneration in AD. ..