Nagendra K Prasad
Affiliation: Purdue University
- SH2-containing 5'-inositol phosphatase, SHIP2, regulates cytoskeleton organization and ligand-dependent down-regulation of the epidermal growth factor receptorNagendra K Prasad
Department of Basic Medical Sciences and Purdue Cancer Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Biol Chem 280:13129-36. 2005..Accordingly, we suggest that, in HeLa cells, SHIP2 plays a distinct role in signaling pathways mediated by integrins and growth factor receptors...
- High expression of obesity-linked phosphatase SHIP2 in invasive breast cancer correlates with reduced disease-free survivalNagendra K Prasad
Basic Medical Sciences and Purdue Cancer Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Tumour Biol 29:330-41. 2008..0025) and overall survival periods (p = 0.0228). In invasive carcinomas, SHIP2 correlated with estrogen receptor absence (p = 0.003) and EGFR presence (p = 0.0147). In conclusion, SHIP2 is an important biomarker for breast cancer...
- SHIP2 phosphoinositol phosphatase positively regulates EGFR-Akt pathway, CXCR4 expression, and cell migration in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cellsNagendra K Prasad
Department of Basic Medical Sciences and Purdue Cancer Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Int J Oncol 34:97-105. 2009..Finally, cell adhesion and EGF-induced cell migration were suppressed in SHIP2 silenced cells. These results demonstrate a positive role of SHIP2 in EGF-induced Akt activation, CXCR4 expression, and cell migration in breast cancer cells...
- Specific tyrosine phosphorylations mediate signal-dependent stimulation of SHIP2 inositol phosphatase activity, while the SH2 domain confers an inhibitory effect to maintain the basal activityNagendra K Prasad
Purdue Cancer Center and Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Biochemistry 48:6285-7. 2009..Thus, the SH2 domain of SHIP2, in conjunction with the C-terminus, confers an inhibitory effect to maintain a low basal activity, and signal-induced tyrosine phosphorylations overcome this effect to activate SHIP2...
- Phosphoinositol phosphatase SHIP2 promotes cancer development and metastasis coupled with alterations in EGF receptor turnoverNagendra K Prasad
Department of Basic Medical Sciences and Purdue Cancer Center, Purdue University, Lynn Hall, 625 Harrison Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:25-34. 2008..Taken together, our results demonstrate that SHIP2 is a clinically relevant novel anticancer target that links perturbed metabolism to cancer development...
- Receptor overexpression or inhibition alters cell surface dynamics of EGF-EGFR interaction: new insights from real-time single molecule analysisChenxu Yu
Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 378:376-82. 2009..Surface kinetics could also serve as surrogate markers to predict biological outcome of signaling pathways...