Affiliation: Purdue University
- Zhang Z, Hou X, Shao C, Li J, Cheng J, Kuang S, et al. Plk1 inhibition enhances the efficacy of androgen signaling blockade in castration-resistant prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2014;74:6635-47 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results offer a strong mechanistic rationale to evaluate Plk1 inhibitors in combination drug trials to enhance the efficacy of ASIs in CRPC. ..
- Chen L, Li J, Farah E, Sarkar S, Ahmad N, Gupta S, et al. Cotargeting HSP90 and Its Client Proteins for Treatment of Prostate Cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016;15:2107-18 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that cotargeting HSP90 and some of its client proteins may be a useful strategy in treatment of CRPC. Mol Cancer Ther; 15(9); 2107-18. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Li Z, Li J, Bi P, Lu Y, Burcham G, Elzey B, et al. Plk1 phosphorylation of PTEN causes a tumor-promoting metabolic state. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:3642-61 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that Plk1 phosphorylation of PTEN promotes tumorigenesis in both its phosphatase-dependent and -independent pathways, revealing potentially new drug targets to arrest tumor cell growth. ..
- Li J, Wang R, Kong Y, Broman M, Carlock C, Chen L, et al. Targeting Plk1 to Enhance Efficacy of Olaparib in Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2017;16:469-479 pubmed publisher..i>Mol Cancer Ther; 16(3); 469-79. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Liu X, Erikson R. The nuclear localization signal of mitotic kinesin-like protein Mklp-1: effect on Mklp-1 function during cytokinesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;353:960-4 pubmed..Furthermore, mutation of two serine residues in the first NLS to aspartic acid, which mimics phosphorylation, attenuated its nuclear localization function, suggesting that the function of this NLS might be regulated by phosphorylation. ..
- Li Z, Shao C, Kong Y, Carlock C, Ahmad N, Liu X. DNA Damage Response-Independent Role for MDC1 in Maintaining Genomic Stability. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that MDC1 also plays a fundamentally significant role in maintenance of genomic stability through a DDR-independent pathway. ..
- Li Z, Li J, Kong Y, Yan S, Ahmad N, Liu X. Plk1 Phosphorylation of Mre11 Antagonizes the DNA Damage Response. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3169-3180 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(12); 3169-80. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Li Z, Liu J, Li J, Kong Y, Sandusky G, Rao X, et al. Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) overexpression enhances ionizing radiation-induced cancer formation in mice. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17461-17472 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Plk1 overexpression may contribute to tumor formation by both inducing chromosomal instability and suppressing the DDR pathway. ..