Affiliation: Purdue University
- Kim C. Migration and function of Th17 cells. Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets. 2009;8:221-8 pubmed..Thus, chemokine receptors appear to play complex roles in the biology of Th17 cells. ..
- Kim C. FOXP3 and its role in the immune system. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2009;665:17-29 pubmed..FOXP3+ T-cells can be produced in vitro from autologous naive T-cells and, therefore, have great therapeutic potentials in treating a number of inflammatory diseases and grafi rejection. ..
- Kim M, Taparowsky E, Kim C. Retinoic Acid Differentially Regulates the Migration of Innate Lymphoid Cell Subsets to the Gut. Immunity. 2015;43:107-19 pubmed publisher..Thus, distinct programs regulate the migration of ILC subsets to the intestine for regulation of innate immunity. ..
- Park J, Goergen C, HogenEsch H, Kim C. Chronically Elevated Levels of Short-Chain Fatty Acids Induce T Cell-Mediated Ureteritis and Hydronephrosis. J Immunol. 2016;196:2388-400 pubmed publisher..The results provide insights into the immunological and pathological effects of chronically elevated SCFAs. ..
- Kim M, Kim C. Colonization and effector functions of innate lymphoid cells in mucosal tissues. Microbes Infect. 2016;18:604-614 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will discuss how ILCs populate mucosal tissues and regulate immune responses to distinct pathogens to protect the host and maintain tissue integrity. ..
- Kim M, Qie Y, Park J, Kim C. Gut Microbial Metabolites Fuel Host Antibody Responses. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;20:202-14 pubmed publisher..However, SCFA or dietary fiber intake restores this immune deficiency. This B cell-helping function of SCFAs is detected from the intestines to systemic tissues and conserved among mouse and human B cells, highlighting its importance. ..
- Wang C, Hillsamer P, Kim C. Phenotype, effector function, and tissue localization of PD-1-expressing human follicular helper T cell subsets. BMC Immunol. 2011;12:53 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed the phenotype and effector function of PD-1-expressing T helper cell subsets and indicate that PD-1 restrains the B cell-helping function of germinal center-localized T cells to prevent excessive antibody response. ..
- Kim C. Migration and function of FoxP3+ regulatory T cells in the hematolymphoid system. Exp Hematol. 2006;34:1033-40 pubmed..Therefore, FoxP3+ T cells play essential roles in regulation of the hematolymphoid system in health and diseases, and are likely to be utilized as effective therapeutics for many diseases in the hematolymphoid system in the future. ..
- Park J, Lee J, Cooper S, Broxmeyer H, Cannon J, Kim C. Parkinson disease-associated LRRK2 G2019S transgene disrupts marrow myelopoiesis and peripheral Th17 response. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:1093-1102 pubmed publisher..These findings may have ramifications in immune and inflammatory responses in patients with LRRK2 abnormalities. ..