Karen S Hudmon
Affiliation: Purdue University
- Tobacco education in U.S. respiratory care programsKaren Suchanek Hudmon
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Purdue University College of Pharmacy, Indianapolis, IN Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of California San Francisco School of Pharmacy, San Francisco, CA
Nicotine Tob Res 16:1394-8. 2014..The purpose of this study was to characterize the level of tobacco cessation education provided to students in U.S. respiratory care training programs...
- Current approaches to pharmacotherapy for smoking cessationKaren Suchanek Hudmon
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Purdue University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Ther Adv Respir Dis 4:35-47. 2010..This information will facilitate respiratory therapists in addressing the most important risk factor for pulmonary disease in the patient population that they serve...
- The pharmacist's role in tobacco cessation: overview and introduction to the seriesKaren Suchanek Hudmon
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Purdue University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Wishard Health Services, W7555 Myers Building, 1001 West 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 2879, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:1434-6. 2007
- Tobacco use and cessation among veterans recovering from stroke or TIA: a qualitative assessment and implications for rehabilitationAlan J Zillich
Center of Excellence for Implementing Evidence Based Practices, VA Stroke QUERI Center, Roudebush VA Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Top Stroke Rehabil 17:140-50. 2010..To understand factors associated with tobacco use and related tobacco cessation among veterans recovering from stroke/transient ischemic attack (TIA) that will facilitate design of a tailored intervention for rehabilitation services...
- Evaluation of an online tobacco cessation course for health professions studentsAndrew N Schmelz
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Purdue University, W7555 Myers Building, Wishard Health Services, 1001 W 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 2879, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 74:36. 2010..To implement and evaluate the impact of a semester-long, online, 1-credit elective course designed to promote tobacco cessation counseling proficiency among health professions students...
- Drug interaction between oral contraceptives and St. John's Wort: appropriateness of advice received from community pharmacists and health food store clerksLord V Sarino
School of Pharmacy, University of California San Francisco, CA 94143 0622, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 47:42-7. 2007..To estimate the extent to which community pharmacists and health food store clerks provide appropriate advice regarding a drug interaction between oral contraceptives and St. John's wort (SJW)...
- Pharmacy placement of nonprescription nicotine replacement therapy products and community pharmacists' counseling for product useBriseis A Kilfoy
School of Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, Conn, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 46:723-8. 2006..To investigate the relationship between nonprescription nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) product placement within community pharmacies and the number of patients whom pharmacists report counseling for use of these products...
- Pharmacy students' perceptions of tobacco sales in pharmacies and suggested strategies for promoting tobacco-free experiential sitesKaren Suchanek Hudmon
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 70:75. 2006....
- Pharmacologic interventions for smoking cessationRobin L Corelli
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California, 521 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am 18:39-51, xii. 2006....
- Tobacco cessation counseling: pharmacists' opinions and practicesKaren Suchanek Hudmon
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, 60 College Street, Room 431, PO Box 208034, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Patient Educ Couns 61:152-60. 2006....
- Tobacco education in U.S. schools of pharmacyKaren Suchanek Hudmon
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 7:225-32. 2005....
- Statewide evaluation of a tobacco cessation curriculum for pharmacy studentsRobin L Corelli
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Prev Med 40:888-95. 2005..Because even brief interventions from clinicians improve patient quit rates, widespread implementation of effective tobacco cessation training programs for health professional students is needed...
- Training future pharmacists at a minority educational institution: evaluation of the Rx for change tobacco cessation training programKaren Suchanek Hudmon
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:477-81. 2004..To estimate the impact of Rx for Change, an 8-h tobacco cessation training program on pharmacy students' perceived counseling skills, confidence for counseling, and future counseling of patients for tobacco cessation...
- ASK, ADVISE, REFER: Promoting Pharmacy-based Referrals to Tobacco QuitlinesKaren S Hudmon; Fiscal Year: 2010....