Karen J Foli
Affiliation: Purdue University
- Maternal postadoption depression, unmet expectations, and personality traitsKaren J Foli
College of Health and Human Sciences, Purdue University School of Nursing, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc 18:267-77. 2012..There are approximately 2 million adoptive parents in the United States and some struggle with depressive symptoms postplacement. We know little about personality traits that may be associated with depression in adoptive parents...
- The personal and professional: nurses' lived experiences of adoptionKaren J Foli
Purdue University School of Nursing, West Lafayette, IN, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 38:79-86; quiz 86-8. 2013..However, nurses' perceptions of and interactions with members of the AT have not been investigated...
- Rates and predictors of depression in adoptive mothers: moving toward theoryKaren J Foli
School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 35:51-63. 2012..These findings are useful in planning effective interventions to mitigate depressive symptoms...
- Depression in adoptive parents: a model of understanding through grounded theoryKaren J Foli
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
West J Nurs Res 32:379-400. 2010..A theoretical model is presented to facilitate the understanding of depression reported by adoptive parents...
- Influence, education, and advocacy: the pediatric nurse's role in the evaluation and management of children with central auditory processing disordersKaren J Foli
School of Nursing, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
J Spec Pediatr Nurs 15:62-71. 2010..This discussion presents central auditory processing disorders to pediatric nurses who can influence decisions, educate parents and children, and advocate for children and families in the healthcare and educational settings...
- "Great expectations" of adoptive parents: theory extension through structural equation modelingKaren J Foli
Karen J Foli, PhD, RN, is Assistant Professor, School of Nursing and College of Health and Human Sciences Eunjung Lim, PhD, is Postdoctoral Research Associate, School of Nursing Susan C South, PhD, is Assistant Professor, Psychological Sciences and Laura P Sands, PhD, is Katherine Birck Professor of Nursing, School of Nursing, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
Nurs Res 63:14-25. 2014..Most of the 2 million adoptive parents in the United States make the transition to parenting successfully. Adoptive parents who do not make the transition easily may put their children at risk for negative outcomes...
- Nursing care of the adoption triadKaren J Foli
Purdue University School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Sciences, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Perspect Psychiatr Care 48:208-17. 2012..This study describes the practice settings and interventions of nurses who care for members of the adoption triad (AT; birth parents, adoptive parents, child)...