Erik S Barton
Affiliation: Purdue University
- (C)Re-combining textbook models of virus spread within the hostErik S Barton
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Cell Host Microbe 3:201-2. 2008..Strikingly, they demonstrate that the most productive cell type in the host-the hepatocyte-contributes no progeny to dissemination to other tissues...
- A gammaherpesvirus cooperates with interferon-alpha/beta-induced IRF2 to halt viral replication, control reactivation, and minimize host lethalityPratyusha Mandal
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 7:e1002371. 2011....
- Alpha/beta interferons regulate murine gammaherpesvirus latent gene expression and reactivation from latencyErik S Barton
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8118, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Virol 79:14149-60. 2005....
- Gamma interferon blocks gammaherpesvirus reactivation from latencyAshley L Steed
Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology and Immunology, 660 South Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Virol 80:192-200. 2006..This demonstrates that IFN-gamma is important for immune surveillance that limits reactivation of gammaHV68 from latency...
- Herpesvirus latency confers symbiotic protection from bacterial infectionErik S Barton
Departments of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University Medical School, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Nature 447:326-9. 2007..Thus, whereas the immune evasion capabilities and lifelong persistence of herpesviruses are commonly viewed as solely pathogenic, our data suggest that latency is a symbiotic relationship with immune benefits for the host...