V A Pullarkat
- Large-scale monocyte enrichment coupled with a closed culture system for the generation of human dendritic cellsVinod Pullarkat
Division of Hematology, University of Southern California, Norris Cancer Center, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, MS 34, Los Angeles 90033, USA
J Immunol Methods 267:173-83. 2002..Due to the closed nature of the enrichment and culture systems, the potential for contamination is minimized. This protocol is well suited for culturing large numbers of DC for clinical immunotherapy trials...
- Intraspinal hemorrhage complicating oral anticoagulant therapy: an unusual case of cervical hematomyelia and a review of the literatureV A Pullarkat
Department of Medicine, New York Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn, USA
Arch Intern Med 160:237-40. 2000..A high index of suspicion, prompt recognition, and immediate intervention are essential to prevent major morbidity and mortality from intraspinal hemorrhage...
- Mast cell disease associated with acute myeloid leukemia: detection of a new c-kit mutation Asp816HisV A Pullarkat
Division of Hematology, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033 0804, USA
Am J Hematol 65:307-9. 2000..We describe the rare occurrence of MCD associated with acute myeloid leukemia, report a novel c-kit mutation Asp816 His, and discuss the pathogenesis of MCD associated with hematologic malignancies...
- Systemic mastocytosis with associated clonal hematological non-mast-cell lineage disease: analysis of clinicopathologic features and activating c-kit mutationsVinod A Pullarkat
Division of Hematology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Hematol 73:12-7. 2003..As clinically effective tyrosine kinase inhibitors that inhibit enzymatic-type c-kit mutations are being developed, detection of mast cell proliferation associated with myeloid malignancy may have important therapeutic implications...
- Distinct clonal origins of systemic mastocytosis and associated B-cell lymphomaYoung Kim
Division of Pathology, City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Leuk Res 31:1749-54. 2007..We also highlight the clinical and pathologic differences between SM associated with lymphoid as opposed to myeloid neoplasms and discuss their pathogenesis...
- Neoplastic mast cells in systemic mastocytosis associated with t(8;21) acute myeloid leukemia are derived from the leukemic cloneVinod Pullarkat
Division of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, Department of Cytogenetics, Division of Pathology, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, United States
Leuk Res 31:261-5. 2007..We also show that after successful allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, these neoplastic bone marrow mast cells can persist without adverse consequences and gradually decline with time...
- A phase I trial of SD-9427 (progenipoietin) with a multipeptide vaccine for resected metastatic melanomaVinod Pullarkat
Department of Medicine, Divisions of Hematology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:1301-12. 2003....
- Therapy-related, mixed-lineage leukaemia translocation-positive, monoblastic myeloid sarcoma of the uterusVinod Pullarkat
Division of Haematology, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California 91010, USA
J Clin Pathol 60:562-4. 2007..This case illustrates that t-AML can rarely present as isolated extramedullary tumours, and the detection of specific chromosomal abnormalities in these myeloid sarcomas can be useful for risk assessment and guiding definitive therapy...
- Successful application of a direct detection slide-based sequential phenotype/genotype assay using archived bone marrow smears and paraffin embedded tissue sectionsVictoria Bedell
Department of Cytogenetics, City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 E Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
J Mol Diagn 9:589-97. 2007..Furthermore, the method has proved reliable and reproducible on test samples regardless of specimen age, tissue type, or referring institution...
- Impact of graft cell dose on transplant outcomes following unrelated donor allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation: higher CD34+ cell doses are associated with decreased relapse ratesRyotaro Nakamura
Division of Hematology Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California 91010 3000, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:449-57. 2008....