J W Krieger
Affiliation: Public Health-Seattle and King County
- Linking community-based blood pressure measurement to clinical care: a randomized controlled trial of outreach and tracking by community health workersJ Krieger
Seattle King County Department of Public Health, Seattle, WA 98104 4099, USA
Am J Public Health 89:856-61. 1999....
- Increasing influenza and pneumococcal immunization rates: a randomized controlled study of a senior center-based interventionJ W Krieger
Seattle Partners for Healthy Communities Public Health, Seattle and King County, Washington 98104 4039, USA
Am J Prev Med 18:123-31. 2000..This paper describes a randomized, controlled trial of a senior center-based program, which used peer-to-peer outreach to increase pneumococcal and influenza immunization rates among an urban senior population...
- Asthma and the home environment of low-income urban children: preliminary findings from the Seattle-King County healthy homes projectJ W Krieger
Seattle Partners for Healthy Communities Public Health Seattle and King County, WA 98104 4039, USA
J Urban Health 77:50-67. 2000..We describe indoor environmental conditions related to asthma triggers among a low-income urban population in Seattle/King County, Washington, as well as caregiver knowledge and resources related to control of these triggers...
- The Seattle-King County healthy homes project: implementation of a comprehensive approach to improving indoor environmental quality for low-income children with asthmaJames K Krieger
Public Health Seattle and King County, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:311-22. 2002..We accomplished home interventions and participants found the project very useful. The project was limited in resolving structural housing quality issues that contributed to exposure to indoor triggers...
- Using community-based participatory research to address social determinants of health: lessons learned from Seattle Partners for Healthy CommunitiesJames Krieger
Public Health Seattle and King County, WA 98104, USA
Health Educ Behav 29:361-82. 2002..Implications for researchers using a community-based participatory research approach and public health practitioners seeking to engage communities in addressing social determinants of health are presented...
- The Seattle-King County Healthy Homes Project: a randomized, controlled trial of a community health worker intervention to decrease exposure to indoor asthma triggersJames W Krieger
Public Heath Seattle and King County, 999 Third Avenue, Suite 1200, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Am J Public Health 95:652-9. 2005..We assessed the effectiveness of a community health worker intervention focused on reducing exposure to indoor asthma triggers...
- Effect of environmental interventions to reduce exposure to asthma triggers in homes of low-income children in SeattleTim K Takaro
Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University of Washington School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 14:S133-43. 2004..CHWs are effective in reducing asthma trigger exposure in low-income children. Further research is needed to determine the effectiveness of specific interventions and structural improvements on asthma trigger exposure and health...
- Improving collaboration between researchers and communitiesA Kone
Seattle Partners for Healthy Communities, USA
Public Health Rep 115:243-8. 2000....
- Researcher and researched--community perspectives: toward bridging the gapM Sullivan
Seattle King County Department of Public Health, Seattle Partners for Healthy Communities, Washington 98103, USA
Health Educ Behav 28:130-49. 2001..Meaningful collaboration between communities and researchers is characterized by early involvement of communities, power sharing, mutual respect, community benefit, and cultural sensitivity...
- Effective community health assessments in King County, WashingtonDavid Solet
Assessment, Policy Development and Evaluation unit at Public Health Seattle and King County, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 15:33-40. 2009..Community health assessment (CHA) is widely practiced in public health, but its effectiveness has seldom been evaluated...
- From formation to action: How allies against asthma coalitions are getting the job doneFrances D Butterfoss
Consortium for Infant and Child Health CINCH, Center for Pediatric Research at Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Health Promot Pract 7:34S-43S. 2006..They attributed success to being responsive to community needs and developing comprehensive strategies, and they believed that partners' goals were more innovative and achievable than any institution could have created alone...
- Improving quality of care and promoting health care system change: The role of community-based coalitionsMarielena Lara
Alianza Contra el Asma Pediátrica en Puerto Rico ALIANZA and the UCLA RAND Program Latino Children with Asthma, UCLA Department of Pediatrics and RAND Health in Santa Monica, California, USA
Health Promot Pract 7:87S-95S. 2006..The collaborative and empowering processes that a coalition model encourages and the direct advocacy opportunity provided to the consumer appear to bring these forces into play...
- Allies community health workers: Bridging the gapAmy R Friedman
Allies Against Asthma, Center for Managing Chronic Disease at the University of Michigan School of Public Health in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Health Promot Pract 7:96S-107S. 2006..Working within a coalition framework helps integrate the CHW program into other services and resources in the community. As participants in coalition activities, CHWs often bring an important and meaningful viewpoint to the coalition...
- The coalition process at work: Building care coordination models to control chronic diseaseMichael P Rosenthal
Philadelphia Allies Against Asthma PAAA, Department of Family and Community Medicine at the Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Promot Pract 7:117S-126S. 2006....
- Integrating asthma prevention and control: the roles of the coalitionJames W Krieger
King County Allies Against Asthma program of the King County Asthma Forum KCAF, University of Washington, Public Health Seattle and King County in Seattle, Washington, USA
Health Promot Pract 7:127S-138S. 2006..Integration is a sustainable role for coalitions as it requires fewer resources than service delivery and results in institutionalization of system changes. Organizations that seek integration of asthma control may benefit...
- Development of the multi-attribute Pediatric Asthma Health Outcome Measure (PAHOM)Chiun Fang Chiou
Cerner Health Insights, Beverly Hills, CA 90212, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 17:23-30. 2005....