Michael S Mega
Affiliation: Providence Health System
- Metabolic patterns associated with the clinical response to galantamine therapy: a fludeoxyglucose f 18 positron emission tomographic studyMichael S Mega
Alzheimers Disease Center and Center on Aging, Providence Health System, Portland, OR 97222
Arch Neurol 62:721-8. 2005..Regional brain correlates of treatment with cholinesterase inhibitors in those with Alzheimer disease are unknown...
- Automated brain tissue assessment in the elderly and demented population: construction and validation of a sub-volume probabilistic brain atlasMichael S Mega
Alzheimer s Disease Center, Providence Health System, 10150 SE 32nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97222, USA
Neuroimage 26:1009-18. 2005..To develop an automated imaging assessment tool that accommodates the anatomic variability of the elderly and demented population as well as the registration errors occurring during spatial normalization...
- A wavelet-based statistical analysis of FMRI data: I. motivation and data distribution modelingIvo D Dinov
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, Department of Statistics, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1554, USA
Neuroinformatics 3:319-42. 2005..In the second part of our investigation, we will apply this technique to analyze a large fMRI dataset involving repeated presentation of sensory-motor response stimuli in young, elderly, and demented subjects...
- Hippocampal atrophy in persons with age-associated memory impairment: volumetry within a common spaceMichael S Mega
Department of Neurology and Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1769, USA
Psychosom Med 64:487-92. 2002..The objective of this study is to demonstrate the assessment of hippocampal atrophy within a standard brain atlas for persons with age-associated memory impairment (AAMI) compared with cognitively intact elderly...
- Differential diagnosis of dementia: clinical examination and laboratory assessmentMichael S Mega
Memory Disorders and Alzheimer s Disease Clinic, Department of Neurology, Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, and UCLA Alzheimer s Disease Research Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Clin Cornerstone 4:53-65. 2002..The assessment will enable the clinician to diagnose the earliest manifestation of AD...