Thomas J Guilmette
Affiliation: Providence College
- The public's misconception about traumatic brain injury: a follow up surveyThomas J Guilmette
Department of Psychology, Southern New England Rehabilitation Center, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 19:183-9. 2004..With regard to mild TBI, however, our sample generally endorsed fewer misconceptions than previous samples. The public also holds perceptions of TBI that may be relevant to personal injury litigation involving TBI plaintiffs...
- The influence of victim characteristics on potential jurors' perceptions of brain damage in mild traumatic brain injuryT J Guilmette
Providence College, Southern New England Rehabilitation Center, and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02918, USA
Brain Inj 19:1027-30. 2005..To determine the influence of victim/plaintiff sex, occupation and intoxication status at the time of injury on potential jurors' judgement about the presence of brain damage in mild traumatic brain injury (MTBI)...
- Investigation of biases in the general public in evaluating mild head injury using neuropsychological and CT scan results: forensic implicationsThomas J Guilmette
Department of Psychology, Providence College, Brown Medical School, Southern New England Rehabilitation Center, Providence, RI 02918, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 20:305-14. 2006..CT results in MTBI. Women were more likely than men to attribute symptoms to brain damage from the motor vehicle accident, as did participants with a history of TBI. Forensic implications are discussed...
- Concussion understanding and management among New England high school football coachesThomas J Guilmette
Department of Psychology, Providence College, Providence, RI 02918, USA
Brain Inj 21:1039-47. 2007..To determine high school football coaches' understanding, management and sources of information of concussion at schools without a certified athletic trainer (ATC) or without one at practice...
- Assigning qualitative descriptions to test scores in neuropsychology: forensic implicationsThomas J Guilmette
Providence College, Brown Medical School, Southern New England Rehabilitation Center, Providence, RI 02918, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 22:122-39. 2008..Professional and forensic implications are discussed...