Affiliation: Promega Corporation
- Population structure in the Mediterranean basin: a Y chromosome perspectiveC Capelli
Department of Biology, University College of London, London, UK
Ann Hum Genet 70:207-25. 2006..In particular, Near Eastern samples tend to separate according to the presence of Arab Y chromosome lineages, suggesting that the Arab expansion played a major role in shaping the current genetic structuring within the Fertile Crescent...
- A 9-loci Y chromosome haplotype in three Italian populationsCristian Capelli
Laboratorio di Genetica Forense, Istituto di Medicina Legale, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Lgo F Vito 1, Rome, Italy
Forensic Sci Int 159:64-70. 2006..Distribution of genetic variation across the three samples and comparison with previously published Italian database indicated that so far Y chromosome diversity has been only partially explored in the Italian Peninsula...
- Y chromosome genetic variation in the Italian peninsula is clinal and supports an admixture model for the Mesolithic-Neolithic encounterCristian Capelli
Institute of Legal Medicine, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Mol Phylogenet Evol 44:228-39. 2007....
- Variation of female and male lineages in sub-Saharan populations: the importance of sociocultural factorsGiovanni Destro-Bisol
Department of Animal and Human Biology, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Mol Biol Evol 21:1673-82. 2004....
- A nuclear DNA phylogeny of the woolly mammoth (Mammuthus primigenius)Cristian Capelli
Istituto di Medicina Legale, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Mol Phylogenet Evol 40:620-7. 2006
- Protocols for ancient DNA typingCristian Capelli
Institute of Legal Medicine, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Methods Mol Biol 297:265-78. 2005..Comparison with available related samples (modern or extinct) is critical to correctly validate the results and to avoid artifactual data...
- Y chromosome haplotypes in Central-South Italy: implication for reference databaseCesare Rapone
Carabinieri Scientific Investigation, Department of Rome, DNA Unit, Viale di Tor di Quinto 151, 00191 Rome, Italy
Forensic Sci Int 172:67-71. 2007..Identification of locus duplications, distribution of genetic variation and firstly identified alleles point to the necessity of more focused sampling strategies for reference databases...
- Discerning the ancestry of European Americans in genetic association studiesAlkes L Price
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e236. 2008..We demonstrate that this panel of markers can be used to correct for stratification in association studies that do not generate dense genotype data...
- A Y chromosome census of the British IslesCristian Capelli
Department of Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 13:979-84. 2003....
- Genetic analysis of the skeletal remains attributed to Francesco PetrarcaDavid Caramelli
Dipartimento di Biologia Animale e Genetica, Laboratorio di Antropologia, Universita di Firenze, Via del Proconsolo 12, 50122 Firenze, Italy
Forensic Sci Int 173:36-40. 2007..These results are consistent with morphological investigations and confirm the importance of integrating molecular and morphological approaches in investigating historical remains...
- Ancient DNA analyses reveal high mitochondrial DNA sequence diversity and parallel morphological evolution of late pleistocene cave bearsMichael Hofreiter
Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany
Mol Biol Evol 19:1244-50. 2002..This suggests that small size may have been an ancestral trait in cave bears and that large size evolved at least twice independently...