Justin R Ortiz
Affiliation: Program for Appropriate Technology in Health
- Translating vaccine policy into action: a report from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Consultation on the prevention of maternal and early infant influenza in resource-limited settingsJustin R Ortiz
PATH, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Vaccine 30:7134-40. 2012..We conclude with an analysis of data gaps and necessary activities to facilitate implementation of maternal influenza immunization programs in resource-limited settings...
- Influenza vaccine for pregnant women in resource-constrained countries: a review of the evidence to inform policy decisionsJustin R Ortiz
Vaccine Development Global Program, PATH, Seattle, WA, United States
Vaccine 29:4439-52. 2011..Nonetheless, maternal influenza vaccination remains an important and potentially cost-effective approach to decrease influenza morbidity in two high-risk groups - pregnant women and young infants...
- Predictors of influenza vaccination in the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation patient registry, 2006 through 2007Justin R Ortiz
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98195 6522, USA
Chest 138:1448-55. 2010..Influenza vaccination is recommended for all persons with cystic fibrosis (CF). Despite this recommendation, no study has been performed to determine factors associated with receipt of influenza vaccination among persons with CF...
- Clinical care for severe influenza and other severe illness in resource-limited settings: the need for evidence and guidelinesJustin R Ortiz
International Respiratory and Severe Illness Center INTERSECT, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Influenza Other Respir Viruses 7:87-92. 2013....
- Association between smoking and latent tuberculosis in the U.S. population: an analysis of the National Health and Nutrition Examination SurveyDavid J Horne
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e49050. 2012..We sought to evaluate the association between LTBI and smoking in a low prevalence TB setting using population-based data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES)...