F Marc LaForce
Affiliation: Program for Appropriate Technology in Health
- The Meningitis Vaccine ProjectF Marc LaForce
The Meningitis Vaccine Project, PATH, 13 Chemin du Levant, 01210 Ferney Voltaire, France
Vaccine 25:A97-100. 2007..The MVP model is a clear example of the usefulness of a "push mechanism" to finance the development of a needed vaccine for the developing world...
- Epidemic meningitis due to Group A Neisseria meningitidis in the African meningitis belt: a persistent problem with an imminent solutionF Marc LaForce
PATH, 13 Chemin du Levant, Ferney Voltaire 01210, France
Vaccine 27:B13-9. 2009..Widespread use of such a vaccine is likely to generate herd immunity and to put an end to Group A meningococcal epidemics...
- Meningococcal conjugate vaccine for Africa: a model for development of new vaccines for the poorest countriesLuis Jodar
WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 361:1902-4. 2003
- Evaluation of serogroup A meningococcal vaccines in Africa: a demonstration projectMontse Soriano-Gabarro
Meningitis and Special Pathogens Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Health Popul Nutr 22:275-85. 2004..Other studies will include evaluations of safety, vaccine coverage, impact on carriage and herd immunity, and prevention-effectiveness studies...
- The promise of conjugate vaccines for AfricaMarie Paule Kieny
Initiative for Vaccine Research, World Health Organization, Av Appia 20, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Vaccine 25:A108-10. 2007..A review of the evidence in order to analyse how to optimize immunization schedules for conjugate vaccines is warranted...
- From genomics to surveillance, prevention and control: new challenges for the African meningitis beltJean Michel Alonso
Institut Pasteur, National Reference Centre for Meningococci, Neisseiria Unit, Department of Molecular Medicine, Paris, France
Vaccine 24:4279-84. 2006
- Safety, immunogenicity, and antibody persistence of a new meningococcal group A conjugate vaccine in healthy Indian adultsNilima Kshirsagar
Seth G S Medical College and KEM Hospital Parel, Mumbai, India
Vaccine 25:A101-7. 2007..This opens the prospective for further development and licensure of this vaccine to eliminate epidemic meningitis in sub-Saharan Africa...