E H Postel
Affiliation: Princeton University
- Human NM23/nucleoside diphosphate kinase regulates gene expression through DNA binding to nuclease-hypersensitive transcriptional elementsE H Postel
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544, USA
J Bioenerg Biomembr 32:277-84. 2000..These data support a model in which NM23/NDP kinase modulates gene expression through DNA binding and subsequent structural transactions...
- NM23-NDP kinaseE H Postel
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, NJ 08540, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 30:1291-5. 1998..The mechanism whereby NM23 regulates gene expression is proposed to entail DNA-binding and subsequent alterations in promoter DNA structure. Accordingly, NM23 has the potential to become a useful reagent for gene manipulations...
- Cleavage of DNA by human NM23-H2/nucleoside diphosphate kinase involves formation of a covalent protein-DNA complexE H Postel
Department of Molecular Biology, Lewis Thomas Laboratory, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08540 1014, USA
J Biol Chem 274:22821-9. 1999....
- Catalysis of DNA cleavage and nucleoside triphosphate synthesis by NM23-H2/NDP kinase share an active site that implies a DNA repair functionE H Postel
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08546 5414, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:14194-9. 2000....
- Escherichia coli nucleoside diphosphate kinase is a uracil-processing DNA repair nucleaseEdith H Postel
Department of Molecular Biology, Lewis Thomas Laboratory, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:13247-52. 2003..All three of these activities, as well as the nucleoside-diphosphate kinase, reside in the same protein. Based on these findings, we propose an editing function for eNDK as a mechanism by which the enzyme prevents mutations in DNA...
- Multiple biochemical activities of NM23/NDP kinase in gene regulationEdith H Postel
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08546 5414, USA
J Bioenerg Biomembr 35:31-40. 2003....
- Structure-based mutational and functional analysis identify human NM23-H2 as a multifunctional enzymeEdith H Postel
Department of Molecular Biology, Lewis Thomas Laboratory, Princeton University, Washington Road, Princeton, New Jersey 08546 5414, USA
Biochemistry 41:6330-7. 2002..A model consistent with these observations is presented...
- Human c-myc transcription factor PuF identified as nm23-H2 nucleoside diphosphate kinase, a candidate suppressor of tumor metastasisE H Postel
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, NJ 08540
Science 261:478-80. 1993..These results provide a link between nm23 and the c-myc oncogene and suggest that the nm23 protein can function in vitro in the transcriptional regulation of c-myc expression...
- Interactions between Escherichia coli nucleoside-diphosphate kinase and DNAMikhail N Levit
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544-1014, USA
J Biol Chem 277:5163-7. 2002..The conservation of the DNA binding and DNA cleavage activities between human and bacterial NDP kinases argues strongly for the hypothesis that these activities play an essential role in NDP kinase function in vivo...
- NM23-H1 and NM23-H2 repress transcriptional activities of nuclease-hypersensitive elements in the platelet-derived growth factor-A promoterDeqin Ma
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Biol Chem 277:1560-7. 2002..They also indicate a role for NM23 proteins in repressing transcription of a growth factor oncogene, providing a possible molecular mechanism to explain their metastasis-suppressing effects...
- Molecular and functional interactions between Escherichia coli nucleoside-diphosphate kinase and the uracil-DNA glycosylase UngSamridhi C Goswami
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Department of Pediatrics, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, One Robert Wood Johnson Place, New Brunswick, NJ 08903 0019, USA
J Biol Chem 281:32131-9. 2006..These findings represent the first example of Ung interacting with another E. coli protein and also lend support to the recently discovered role of nucleoside-diphosphate kinases as regulatory components of multiprotein complexes...
- NM23-H2, an estrogen receptor beta-associated protein, shows diminished expression with progression of atherosclerosisKatey Rayner
University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R743-50. 2007..In that the abundance of NM23-H2 diminishes with both the advancement of atherosclerosis and inflammation, this ERbeta-associated protein may play an important role in mediating the vasculoprotective effects of estrogens...
- Discovery of NM23-H2 as an estrogen receptor beta-associated protein: role in estrogen-induced gene transcription and cell migrationKatey Rayner
Vascular Biology Laboratory, Division of Cardiology, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 108:72-81. 2008..Hence, NM23-H2 may play an important role in modulating the response to endogenous and exogenous estrogens, perhaps even within the context of vascular disease...