Virginia E Pitzer
Affiliation: Princeton University
- Modeling rotavirus strain dynamics in developed countries to understand the potential impact of vaccination on genotype distributionsVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:19353-8. 2011..Better understanding of homotypic vs. heterotypic immunity, both natural and vaccine-induced, will be critical in predicting the impact of vaccination...
- Modelling seasonal variations in the age and incidence of Kawasaki disease to explore possible infectious aetiologiesVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Epidemiology and Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Biol Sci 279:2736-43. 2012....
- Influence of birth rates and transmission rates on the global seasonality of rotavirus incidenceVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
J R Soc Interface 8:1584-93. 2011..While vaccination is expected to decrease the overall burden of disease, it may increase the degree of seasonal variation in the incidence of rotavirus in some settings...
- Direct and indirect effects of rotavirus vaccination: comparing predictions from transmission dynamic modelsVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e42320. 2012..Discrepancies among model predictions reflect uncertainties about age variation in the risk and reporting of RVGE, and the duration of natural and vaccine-induced immunity, highlighting important questions for future research...
- Global seasonality of rotavirus diseaseManish M Patel
From the National Center for Immunizations and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ Fogarty International Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD and Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, CT
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:e134-47. 2013..We sought to establish global seasonal patterns of rotavirus disease before the introduction of widespread vaccination...
- Exploring the relationship between incidence and the average age of infection during seasonal epidemicsVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Theor Biol 260:175-85. 2009....
- Epidemic dynamics at the human-animal interfaceJames O Lloyd-Smith
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Science 326:1362-7. 2009..Progress in understanding and combating zoonoses requires a new generation of models that addresses a broader set of pathogen life histories and integrates across host species and scientific disciplines...