Virginia E Pitzer
Affiliation: Princeton University
- Modeling rotavirus strain dynamics in developed countries to understand the potential impact of vaccination on genotype distributionsVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:19353-8. 2011..Better understanding of homotypic vs. heterotypic immunity, both natural and vaccine-induced, will be critical in predicting the impact of vaccination...
- Modelling seasonal variations in the age and incidence of Kawasaki disease to explore possible infectious aetiologiesVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Epidemiology and Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Biol Sci 279:2736-43. 2012....
- Influence of birth rates and transmission rates on the global seasonality of rotavirus incidenceVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
J R Soc Interface 8:1584-93. 2011..While vaccination is expected to decrease the overall burden of disease, it may increase the degree of seasonal variation in the incidence of rotavirus in some settings...
- Direct and indirect effects of rotavirus vaccination: comparing predictions from transmission dynamic modelsVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e42320. 2012..Discrepancies among model predictions reflect uncertainties about age variation in the risk and reporting of RVGE, and the duration of natural and vaccine-induced immunity, highlighting important questions for future research...
- Global seasonality of rotavirus diseaseManish M Patel
National Center for Immunizations and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:e134-47. 2013..We sought to establish global seasonal patterns of rotavirus disease before the introduction of widespread vaccination...
- Exploring the relationship between incidence and the average age of infection during seasonal epidemicsVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Theor Biol 260:175-85. 2009....
- Demographic buffering: titrating the effects of birth rate and imperfect immunity on epidemic dynamicsSinead E Morris
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA
J R Soc Interface 12:20141245. 2015..Furthermore, our results identify key variables in this relationship, including R0. ..
- Epidemic dynamics at the human-animal interfaceJames O Lloyd-Smith
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Science 326:1362-7. 2009..Progress in understanding and combating zoonoses requires a new generation of models that addresses a broader set of pathogen life histories and integrates across host species and scientific disciplines...