Affiliation: Princeton University
- Reproductive development according to elevation in a seasonally breeding male songbirdNicole Perfito
Department of Zoology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Oecologia 140:201-10. 2004..Therefore, we suggest that an integrated response to cues characteristic of location and elevation account for differences in patterns measured in the field...
- Seasonal gonadal recrudescence in song sparrows: response to temperature cuesNicole Perfito
University of Washington, Department of Zoology, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 143:121-8. 2005..Furthermore, our data suggest that individuals within the same species may rely on different proximate cues for reproductive timing depending on the specific habitat in which they live...
- Tonic activation of brain GnRH immunoreactivity despite reduction of peripheral reproductive parameters in opportunistically breeding zebra finchesNicole Perfito
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544 1003, USA
Brain Behav Evol 67:123-34. 2006..GnRH-ir cells in the hypothalamus appear to remain active and able to respond to subsequent stimulation...
- Latitudinal variation in plasma testosterone levels in birds of the genus ZonotrichiaIgnacio T Moore
Department of Zoology, Box 351800, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 129:13-9. 2002..These data suggest that latitudinal clines in plasma testosterone levels in Zonotrichia do not follow previously described patterns and that tropical birds can have levels of testosterone similar to northern latitude species...
- Cue hierarchies and testicular development: is food a more potent stimulus than day length in an opportunistic breeder (Taeniopygia g. guttata)?Nicole Perfito
Department of Integrative Biology and Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Horm Behav 53:567-72. 2008..These data lend support to the proposition that photoperiod acts as a supplementary cue or permissive factor in this system, and thus represents the possibility of a reversal in the hierarchy of cue sensitivity...
- Environmental regulation of annual schedules in opportunistically-breeding songbirds: adaptive specializations or variations on a theme of white-crowned sparrow?Thomas P Hahn
Section of Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior, Animal Behavior Graduate Group, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 157:217-26. 2008....
- Interactions of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) and gonadotropin-inhibitory hormone (GnIH) in birds and mammalsGeorge E Bentley
Department of Integrative Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol 305:807-14. 2006....