Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Princeton University
- Elf5 regulates mammary gland stem/progenitor cell fate by influencing notch signalingRumela Chakrabarti
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08554, USA
Stem Cells 30:1496-508. 2012....
- ΔNp63 promotes stem cell activity in mammary gland development and basal-like breast cancer by enhancing Fzd7 expression and Wnt signallingRumela Chakrabarti
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, USA
Nat Cell Biol 16:1004-15, 1-13. 2014..These findings establish ΔNp63 as a key regulator of stem cells in both normal and malignant mammary tissues and provide direct evidence that breast cancer TICs and normal MaSCs share common regulatory mechanisms. ..
- Elf5 inhibits the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in mammary gland development and breast cancer metastasis by transcriptionally repressing Snail2Rumela Chakrabarti
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, USA
Nat Cell Biol 14:1212-22. 2012..These findings establish Elf5 not only as a key cell lineage regulator during normal mammary gland development, but also as a suppressor of EMT and metastasis in breast cancer...
- MTDH-SND1 interaction is crucial for expansion and activity of tumor-initiating cells in diverse oncogene- and carcinogen-induced mammary tumorsLiling Wan
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Cancer Cell 26:92-105. 2014..This functional significance of MTDH-SND1 interaction is further supported by clinical analysis of human breast cancer samples. ..
- Sirtuin 4 is a lipoamidase regulating pyruvate dehydrogenase complex activityRommel A Mathias
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, 08544, USA Department of Biochemistry, La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science, La Trobe University, Melbourne, 3086, Australia
Cell 159:1615-25. 2014..Furthermore, metabolic flux switching via glutamine stimulation induces SIRT4 lipoamidase activity to inhibit PDH, highlighting SIRT4 as a guardian of cellular metabolism. ..
- Transplantable mouse tumor models of breast cancer metastasisRumela Chakrabarti
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Washington Road, LTL 255, Princeton, NJ, 08544, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1267:367-80. 2015..In this chapter, we describe transplantable xenograft and allograft methods to introduce human or mouse breast tumor cells into mice in order to generate spontaneous and experimental metastasis. ..
- Genome-wide search identifies Ccnd2 as a direct transcriptional target of Elf5 in mouse mammary glandRosalba Escamilla-Hernandez
Department of Biochemistry, State University of New York at Buffalo, Center for Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA
BMC Mol Biol 11:68. 2010..To address this shortcoming, in this study we have performed ChIP-cloning experiments to identify the specific genomic segments that are occupied by Elf5 in pregnant mouse mammary glands...