Julia C Prentice
- Primary care and health outcomes among older patients with diabetesJulia C Prentice
Department of Veterans Affairs, Boston University School of Public Health, Health Care Financing and Economics, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Health Serv Res 47:46-67. 2012..The aim of this study was to measure the relationship between days spent waiting for primary care and health outcomes among patients diagnosed with diabetes, especially among the elderly population...
- Outpatient wait time and diabetes care quality improvementJulia C Prentice
Department of Veterans Affairs, Center for Health Quality Outcomes and Economic Research, Boston University School of Public Health, 150 S Huntington Ave, Mail Stop 152H, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:e43-54. 2011..To examine the relationship between glycated hemoglobin (A1C) levels and the number of days spent waiting for primary care appointments...
- What are the consequences of waiting for health care in the veteran population?Steven D Pizer
Department of Health Policy and Management, Boston University School of Public Health, VA Boston Health Care System, 150 South Huntington Avenue Mail Stop 152H, Boston, MA 02130, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:676-82. 2011..S. healthcare policymakers and clinicians will need to consider policies and interventions that minimize potential harms for all patients...
- Time is money: outpatient waiting times and health insurance choices of elderly veterans in the United StatesSteven D Pizer
US Department of Veterans Affairs and Boston University, Health Care Financing and Economics, 150 South Huntington Ave, Mail Stop 152H, Boston, MA 02130, USA
J Health Econ 30:626-36. 2011....
- Delayed access to health care and mortalityJulia C Prentice
Health Care Financing and Economics, VA Boston Health Care System, 150 Huntington Avenue, Mail Stop 152H, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Health Serv Res 42:644-62. 2007..To measure the relationship between time spent waiting for health care services and patients' mortality...
- Home-based primary care and the risk of ambulatory care-sensitive condition hospitalization among older veterans with diabetes mellitusSamuel T Edwards
Section of General Internal Medicine, Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts2Massachusetts Veterans Epidemiology Research and Information Center, Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Boston3Harvard Medical School, Boston
JAMA Intern Med 174:1796-803. 2014..Primary care services based at home have the potential to reduce the likelihood of hospitalization among older adults with multiple chronic diseases...
- Capitalizing on prescribing pattern variation to compare medications for type 2 diabetesJulia C Prentice
VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA Electronic address
Value Health 17:854-62. 2014..g., mortality). This study demonstrates an alternative approach to lengthening clinical trials to assess these long-term outcomes...