- Healthcare utilization and symptom variation among veterans using behavioral telehealth center servicesKyle Possemato
Syracuse Veterans Affairs Medical, Center for Integrated Healthcare, 800 Irving Avenue 116C, Syracuse, NY, 13210, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 40:416-26. 2013..This initial evaluation provides support that BTC services are associated with increased healthcare utilization and decreased alcohol and depressive symptoms. ..
- Assessing daily fluctuations in posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms and substance use with Interactive Voice Response technology: protocol compliance and reactionsKyle Possemato
Center for Integrated Healthcare, VA Healthcare Network Upstate New York, NY, USA
Psychol Serv 9:185-96. 2012..g., less binge drinking, less avoidance symptoms), and perceived benefit from participation predicted better protocol compliance. Results can guide future research on participant predictors of compliance with intensive EMA methods...
- The current state of intervention research for posttraumatic stress disorder within the primary care settingKyle Possemato
Center Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 800 Irving Ave 116C, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 18:268-80. 2011..Cognitive and behavioral therapies currently have the strongest evidence base for establishing an empirically supported brief intervention for PTSD in primary care. Recommendations are made for future research and clinical practice...
- A brief self-guided telehealth intervention for post-traumatic stress disorder in combat veterans: a pilot studyKyle Possemato
Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Telemed Telecare 17:245-50. 2011..Content analyses revealed that participants who expressed more emotion and cognitions were significantly more likely to experience decreased PTSD symptoms. WED may have promise as a brief intervention for veterans with PTSD...
- Association between posttraumatic stress disorder and primary care provider-diagnosed disease among Iraq and Afghanistan veteransJudith Andersen
Center for Integrated Healthcare, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Psychosom Med 72:498-504. 2010..To determine if a diagnosis of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) was associated with primary care provider-diagnosed physical disease in the first 5 years post deployment...
- Developing a measure of provider adherence to improve the implementation of behavioral health services in primary care: a Delphi studyGregory P Beehler
VA Center for Integrated Healthcare, VA WNY Healthcare System, Buffalo, NY, USA
Implement Sci 8:19. 2013..This study aimed to develop the first self-report measure of behavioral health provider adherence for co-located, collaborative care, a commonly adopted model of behavioral health service delivery in primary care...