Betty T Izumi
Affiliation: Portland State University
- Associations between neighborhood availability and individual consumption of dark-green and orange vegetables among ethnically diverse adults in DetroitBetty T Izumi
School of Community Health, College of Urban and Public Affairs, Portland State University, 506 SW Mill St, Ste 450, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 111:274-9. 2011..047). These findings suggest that living in a neighborhood with multiple opportunities to purchase dark-green and orange vegetables may make an important contribution toward meeting recommended intakes...
- Inter-rater reliability of the food environment audit for diverse neighborhoods (FEAD-N)Betty T Izumi
Portland State University School of Community Health, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Urban Health 89:486-99. 2012..Systematic documentation of the physical and social features of food stores using objective measures may promote a more comprehensive understanding of how neighborhood food environments influence health...
- Farm-to-school programs: perspectives of school food service professionalsBetty T Izumi
Michigan State University, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 42:83-91. 2010..This qualitative study used a case study approach to explore the potential of farm-to-school programs to simultaneously improve children's diets and provide farmers with viable market opportunities...
- Results from the 2004 Michigan Farm-to-School SurveyBetty T Izumi
Department of Community, Agriculture, Recreation and Resource Studies, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824 1222, USA
J Sch Health 76:169-74. 2006..However, there is need to address the concerns and barriers through education; inclusion of community partners, such as current vendors; funding; and state and federal policies that support local purchasing...
- The one-pager: a practical policy advocacy tool for translating community-based participatory research into actionBetty T Izumi
School of Community Health, Portland State University, Portland, OR, USA
Prog Community Health Partnersh 4:141-7. 2010..In addition to describing these processes, this article includes a template for a one-pager and an example of a one-pager that was written for and presented to federal policy makers...