Genomes and Genes
Larry I Crawshaw
Affiliation: Portland State University
- Influence of ethanol on thermoregulation: mapping quantitative trait lociL I Crawshaw
Department of Biology, Portland State University, Portland, 97207, USA
Physiol Genomics 7:159-69. 2001..To our knowledge, this is the first report of QTLs that underlie changes in regulation as well as the disruption of a physiological regulatory system...
- Tolerance and withdrawal in goldfish exposed to ethanolLarry I Crawshaw
Department of Biology, Portland State University, Portland, OR 97207 USA
Physiol Behav 87:460-8. 2006..8% ethanol for three days and subsequently monitoring T(sel) in an ethanol-free temperature gradient for 36 h. During withdrawal there was no evidence for an effect on T(sel); experimental and control values were nearly identical...
- Temperature preference and reproductive fitness of the annual killifish Austrofundulus limnaeus exposed to constant and fluctuating temperaturesJason E Podrabsky
Department of Biology, Portland State University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Physiol 194:385-93. 2008..In addition, it appears that behavioral thermoregulation, or partitioning of reproductive events to the cool parts of the thermoperiod, are likely to be critical to support successful reproduction in natural populations of A. limnaeus...
- Metabolism, swimming performance, and tissue biochemistry of high desert redband trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss ssp.): evidence for phenotypic differences in physiological functionA Kurt Gamperl
Department of Biology, Portland State University, Portland, OR, 97207 0751, USA
Physiol Biochem Zool 75:413-31. 2002....
- Effects of alcohol on thermoregulation during mild heat exposure in humansTamae Yoda
Advanced Research Center for Human Sciences, Waseda University, Mikajima 2 579 15, Tokorozawa 359 1192, Japan
Alcohol 36:195-200. 2005....
- Effects of alcohol on autonomic responses and thermal sensation during cold exposure in humansTamae Yoda
Faculty of Human Sciences, Waseda University, Tokorozawa 359 1192, Japan
Alcohol 42:207-12. 2008..Overall, our results indicate that although alcohol influences thermoregulation in the cold as well as in the heat, detailed aspects of the influence are quite different...
- A new system for the analysis of thermal judgments: multipoint measurements of skin temperatures and temperature-related sensations and their joint visualizationMayumi Nakamura
Waseda University, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
J Physiol Sci 56:459-64. 2006..This system greatly facilitates the perception and analysis of spatial relationships and differences in temperature and sensation in various areas of the body...