Ravi K Verma
Affiliation: Population Council
- Challenging and changing gender attitudes among young men in Mumbai, IndiaRavi K Verma
Horizons Population Council, New Delhi, India
Reprod Health Matters 14:135-43. 2006..The results suggest that the pilot was successful in reaching and engaging young men to critically discuss gender dynamics and health risk, and in shifting key gender-related attitudes...
- Indicators of mobility, socio-economic vulnerabilities and HIV risk behaviours among mobile female sex workers in IndiaNiranjan Saggurti
Population Council, New Delhi, India
AIDS Behav 16:952-9. 2012..HIV prevention interventions aimed at FSWs require an increased attention to address the socio-economic vulnerabilities including alcohol use, with particular emphasis on those FSWs who are on the move in India and elsewhere...
- Migration, mobility and sexual risk behavior in Mumbai, India: mobile men with non-residential wife show increased riskNiranjan Saggurti
HIV and AIDS Program, Population Council, New Delhi, 110003, India
AIDS Behav 13:921-7. 2009....
- Motivations for entry into sex work and HIV risk among mobile female sex workers in IndiaNiranjan Saggurti
HIV and AIDS Program, Population Council, New Delhi, India
J Biosoc Sci 43:535-54. 2011....
- Experience of violence and adverse reproductive health outcomes, HIV risks among mobile female sex workers in IndiaSuvakanta N Swain
HIV and AIDS Program, Population Council, 142 Golf Links, New Delhi 110003, India
BMC Public Health 11:357. 2011..This paper therefore aims to understand the linkages between violence and the reproductive health and HIV risks among a group of mobile FSWs in India...
- HIV risk behaviours among contracted and non-contracted male migrant workers in India: potential role of labour contractors and contractual systems in HIV preventionNiranjan Saggurti
HIV and AIDS Programme, Population Council, New Delhi, India
AIDS 22:S127-36. 2008..To assess the HIV risk behaviours of male migrant contracted and non-contracted labourers in India and to understand the role of contract labour systems for use in HIV prevention efforts...
- Community-based research in India: a case example of international and transdisciplinary collaborationStephen L Schensul
Department of Community Medicine, Center for International Community Health Studies, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, 263 Farmington Ave, Farmington, 06030 6325, USA
Am J Community Psychol 38:95-111. 2006..In addition, it examines both the inhibiting and facilitating factors that are a part of the collaborative process. The paper concludes with implications for future transdisciplinary partnerships...
- Healing traditions and men's sexual health in Mumbai, India: the realities of practiced medicine in urban poor communitiesStephen L Schensul
Center for International Community Health Studies, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, USA
Soc Sci Med 62:2774-85. 2006....
- Sexually transmitted infections in men in Mumbai slum communities: the relationship of prevalence to risk behaviorStephen L Schensul
University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
Sex Transm Dis 34:444-50. 2007..The objectives of this study were to identify sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevalence, assess behavioral and symptom correlates, and develop intervention strategies...