Affiliation: Population Council
- Pregnant or positive: adolescent childbearing and HIV risk in KwaZulu Natal, South AfricaNaomi Rutenberg
Population Council, Washington, DC, USA
Reprod Health Matters 11:122-33. 2003..The analysis suggests that for some adolescents, in addition to effects on educational and employment opportunities, the danger of HIV infection is becoming part of the calculus of the desirability of a pregnancy...
- Field experiences integrating family planning into programs to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIVNaomi Rutenberg
Horizons, Washington, DC, USA
Stud Fam Plann 36:235-45. 2005..This article draws out the policy implications of these findings and recommends that policies be based on respect for women's right to informed reproductive choice in the context of HIV/AIDS...
- Implementing programs for the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission in resource-constrained settings: Horizons studies, 1999-2007Carolyn Baek
Population Council, Washington, DC 20008, USA
Public Health Rep 125:293-304. 2010..This article provides an assessment of the findings of Horizons studies on PMTCT interventions from 1999 to 2007 and identifies needs for follow-on efforts...
- Understanding perceptions of HIV risk among adolescents in KwaZulu-NatalKate MacIntyre
Department of International Health and Development, School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
AIDS Behav 8:237-50. 2004....
- Integrating family planning and prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission in resource-limited settingsAnn Duerr
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Lancet 366:261-3. 2005
- Safer sexual behaviors after 12 months of antiretroviral treatment in Mombasa, Kenya: a prospective cohortStanley Luchters
International Centre for Reproductive Health, Mombasa, Kenya, International Centre for Reproductive Health, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
AIDS Patient Care STDS 22:587-94. 2008..Positive prevention interventions for those receiving ART must reinforce safer sex practices and partner disclosure...
- Short- and long-term efficacy of modified directly observed antiretroviral treatment in Mombasa, Kenya: a randomized trialAvina Sarna
Population Council, New Delhi, India
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 48:611-9. 2008..To determine short- and long-term efficacy of modified directly observed therapy (m-DOT) on antiretroviral adherence...