Affiliation: Policy Analysis Inc
- Predictors of a medical-offset effect among patients receiving antidepressant therapyD Thompson
Policy Analysis, Inc, Indianapolis, USA
Am J Psychiatry 155:824-7. 1998..Characteristics of patients receiving antidepressant therapy were examined to identify factors that may be associated with a medical-offset effect...
- Management of otitis media among children in a large health insurance planD Thompson
Policy Analysis, Inc, Brookline, MA 02146, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 18:239-44. 1999..We undertook this study to characterize medical and surgical management of otitis media...
- Lifetime health and economic consequences of obesityD Thompson
Policy Analysis Inc, Brookline, Mass 02445, USA
Arch Intern Med 159:2177-83. 1999..Obesity is an established risk factor for several chronic diseases. The lifetime health and economic consequences of obesity for individual patients have not been documented...
- Lifetime health and economic benefits of weight loss among obese personsG Oster
Policy Analysis, Inc PAI, Brookline, Masso 02445, USA
Am J Public Health 89:1536-42. 1999..This study estimated the lifetime health and economic benefits of sustained modest weight loss among obese persons...
- Body mass index and future healthcare costs: a retrospective cohort studyD Thompson
Policy Analysis Inc. (PAI, Brookline, Massachusetts 02445, USA
Obes Res 9:210-8. 2001..38 (0.91 to 2.14) for inpatient care, and 1.10 (0.91 to 1.35) and 1.36 (1.11 to 1.68) for all medical care. DISCUSSION: Future healthcare costs are higher for persons who are overweight, especially those with BMIs > or = 30 kg/m(2)...
- Cost-effectiveness of drug therapy for hypercholesterolaemia: a review of the literatureD Thompson
Policy Analysis Inc, Brookline, Massachusetts
Pharmacoeconomics 2:34-42. 1992..Studies to date therefore suggest that therapy with HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (i.e. lovastatin and simvastatin) is substantially more cost-effective than treatment with bile-acid sequestrants...
- The clinical and economic burden of obesity in a managed care settingG Oster
Policy Analysis, Inc PAI, Brookline, MA 02445, USA
Am J Manag Care 6:681-9. 2000..To estimate the clinical and economic burden of obesity in a managed care setting...