James O E Pittman
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a consumer delivered anti-stigma program: replication with graduate-level helping professionalsJames O E Pittman
Department of Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, The Center of Excellence for Stress and Mental Health, San Diego, CA, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 33:236-8. 2010..This study evaluated a consumer delivered anti-stigma presentation, In Our Own Voice (IOOV), with Masters of Social Work (MSW) students, replicating a previous study with undergraduates...
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and health-related quality of life in OEF/OIF veteransJames O E Pittman
Veterans Affairs Center of Excellence for Stress and Mental Health, 3350 La Jolla Village, Drive MC 116A, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Qual Life Res 21:99-103. 2012..The study hypothesizes that PTSD and depression will each significantly predict lower physical and mental HRQoL even when controlling for overlapping symptoms: anhedonia, concentration, and insomnia...
- Veterans Health Administration vocational services for Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom Veterans with mental health conditionsElizabeth W Twamley
Center of Excellence for Stress and Mental Health, VA San Diego Healthcare System, 3350 La Jolla Village Dr 116A, San Diego, CA 92161
J Rehabil Res Dev 50:663-70. 2013....
- The cumulative effect of different childhood trauma types on self-reported symptoms of adult male depression and PTSD, substance abuse and health-related quality of life in a large active-duty military cohortAgorastos Agorastos
VA Center of Excellence for Stress and Mental Health, San Diego, CA, USA Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany Electronic address
J Psychiatr Res 58:46-54. 2014..CT history had no effects on current tobacco use and alcohol abuse. Our study thus provides evidence for substantial additive effect of different CT types on adult mental and physical health with increasing levels of exposure. ..
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and aggression in OEF/OIF veteransAbigail C Angkaw
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161
Mil Med 178:1044-50. 2013..Study results have implications for the development of interventions to treat aggressive behaviors in OEF/OIF veterans with PTSD and depression. ..
- Female veterans of the OEF/OIF conflict: concordance of PTSD symptoms and substance misuseSarah E Nunnink
Veterans Affairs Center of Excellence for Stress and Mental Health, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive MC 116A, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Addict Behav 35:655-9. 2010..Future research should investigate needs for gender-specific PTSD and substance-abuse treatment needs...