Affiliation: Pioneer Hi-Bred International
- Cell Number Regulator1 affects plant and organ size in maize: implications for crop yield enhancement and heterosisMei Guo
Pioneer Hi Bred, A DuPont Business, Johnston, IA 50131, USA
Plant Cell 22:1057-73. 2010..Regardless of whether CNRs and other cell number-influencing genes directly contribute to, or merely mimic, heterosis, they may aid generation of more vigorous and productive crop plants...
- Genome-wide mRNA profiling reveals heterochronic allelic variation and a new imprinted gene in hybrid maize endospermMei Guo
Pioneer Hi Bred International, Inc, Johnston, IA 50131 0552, USA
Plant J 36:30-44. 2003..The nrp1 gene, a putative transcriptional factor, may play an important role in endosperm development...
- Extensive maternal DNA hypomethylation in the endosperm of Zea maysMassimiliano Lauria
Plant Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Plant Biology, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, DK 1871 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Plant Cell 16:510-22. 2004..The implications of extensive maternal hypomethylation with respect to endosperm development and epigenetic reprogramming will be discussed...
- Genome-wide allele-specific expression analysis using Massively Parallel Signature Sequencing (MPSS) reveals cis- and trans-effects on gene expression in maize hybrid meristem tissueMei Guo
Pioneer Hi Bred International, Inc, A DuPont Business, Johnston, IA, 50131 0552, USA
Plant Mol Biol 66:551-63. 2008..As compared to measuring total transcript levels, this study provides a new level of understanding of different modes of gene regulation in the hybrid and the molecular basis of heterosis...
- Cell number counts--the fw2.2 and CNR genes and implications for controlling plant fruit and organ sizeMei Guo
Pioneer Hi Bred, A DuPont Business, 7300 NW 62nd Avenue, Johnston, IA 50131 0552, USA
Plant Sci 181:1-7. 2011..In joining these subjects here in discussion we speculate on how single gene cell number regulation and heterosis may cooperate in crop improvement...
- Maize ARGOS1 (ZAR1) transgenic alleles increase hybrid maize yieldMei Guo
DuPont Pioneer, 7300 NW 62nd Ave, Johnston, Iowa 50131, USA
J Exp Bot 65:249-60. 2014..This work demonstrates differences in transgenic efficacy of native alleles and the differences reflect their association with hybrid breeding performance. ..
- Allelic variation of gene expression in maize hybridsMei Guo
Pioneer Hi Bred International, Johnston, Iowa 50131, USA
Plant Cell 16:1707-16. 2004..The results of allele-specific regulation in different tissues in responding to environment and stress suggest an unequivalent function of the parental alleles in the hybrid, which may have an impact on heterosis...
- Genome-wide transcript analysis of maize hybrids: allelic additive gene expression and yield heterosisMei Guo
Pioneer Hi Bred International, Inc, 7250 NW 62nd Avenue, Johnston, IA 50131, USA
Theor Appl Genet 113:831-45. 2006..Our findings suggest that differential allele regulation may play an important role in hybrid yield or heterosis, and provide a new insight to the molecular understanding of the underlying mechanisms of heterosis...
- Identification of differentially expressed genes in omental adipose tissues of obese patients by suppression subtractive hybridizationJie Qiu
Department of Pediatrics, Nanjing Maternal and Child Health Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 352:469-78. 2007..Although more detailed analyses are necessary, it is anticipated that further study of genes identified will provide insights into their specific roles in the etiology of obesity...
- Identification and characterization of NYGGF4, a novel gene containing a phosphotyrosine-binding (PTB) domain that stimulates 3T3-L1 preadipocytes proliferationBin Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Nanjing Maternity and Child Health Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Gene 379:132-40. 2006..And the NYGGF4 expression 3T3-L1 cells had a greater number of cells in S-phase. Our data suggest that NYGGF4 might be a signaling molecule and could play a role in cell growth and adipogenesis process...
- Overexpression of uncoupling protein 4 promotes proliferation and inhibits apoptosis and differentiation of preadipocytesMin Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, Nanjing Maternity and Child Health Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, 210004 Nanjing, China
Life Sci 79:1428-35. 2006..Our results demonstrate that overexpression of UCP4 can promote proliferation and inhibit apoptosis and differentiation of preadipocytes...
- [Study on biological characteristics of cultured rhesus mesenchymal stem cells]Li Hui Liu
Department of Hematology, Affiliated Hospital of Academy of Military Medicine Sciences, Beijing, 10039, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 13:417-21. 2005..It is concluded that rhesus MSC can be successfully isolated and culture-expanded and the biological characteristics of rhesus MSC are similar to those of human MSC...
- [Effects of colchicine on synthesis and excretion of cytokines and extracellular matrix by human renal fibroblasts]Wen Yan Huang
Department of Pediatrics, The Second Affiliated Hospital The Center of Pediatric Nephrology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210011, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 42:524-8. 2004....
- Resistin promotes 3T3-L1 preadipocyte differentiationHaixia Gong
Department of Pediatrics, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, 121 Jiangjiayuan Road, Nanjing, 210011, People s Republic of China
Eur J Endocrinol 150:885-92. 2004..To investigate the relationship between resistin (a potential link between obesity and type 2 diabetes) and preadipocyte differentiation...
- p53 codon 72 polymorphism (C/G) and the risk of human papillomavirus-associated carcinomas in ChinaTao Li
Laboratory of Genetics, Beijing Institute for Cancer Research, School of Oncology, Peking University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Cancer 95:2571-6. 2002..However, it still was considered controversial in several studies of cervical and esophageal carcinoma...