H Robert Superko
Affiliation: Piedmont Hospital
- Small LDL and its clinical importance as a new CAD risk factor: a female case studyH Robert Superko
Advanced Cardiovascular Prevention Program, American Cardiovascular Research Institute, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Nurs 17:167-73. 2002..Often the most effective interventions are the least expensive...
- Smallest LDL particles are most strongly related to coronary disease progression in menPaul T Williams
Life Sciences Division, E.O. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:314-21. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: LDL-IVb was the single best lipoprotein predictor of increased stenosis, an unexpected result, given that LDL-IVb represents only a minor fraction of total LDL...
- Gemfibrozil reduces small low-density lipoprotein more in normolipemic subjects classified as low-density lipoprotein pattern B compared with pattern AH Robert Superko
Fuqua Heart Center Piedmont Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:1266-72. 2005..Thus, treatment with gemfibrozil may have additional antiatherogenic effects in those with LDL pattern B by decreasing small dense LDL that is not apparent in those with pattern A...
- High-density lipoprotein subclass distribution in individuals of Asian Indian descent: the National Asian Indian Heart Disease ProjectH Robert Superko
Molecular, Genetic, and Preventive Cardiology, Fuqua Heart Center Piedmont Medical Center, Atlanta, GA 30309, USA
Prev Cardiol 8:81-6. 2005..Low high-density lipoprotein 2b combined with the higher lipoprotein(a) in the Asian Indian group may help explain the high prevalence of coronary artery disease in this ethnic population...
- Effect of combination nicotinic acid and gemfibrozil treatment on intermediate density lipoprotein, and subclasses of low density lipoprotein and high density lipoprotein in patients with combined hyperlipidemiaH Robert Superko
Saint Joseph s Translational Research Institute, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Cardiol 103:387-92. 2009..In conclusion, this investigation revealed that a combination of a fibric acid derivative and nicotinic acid offers greater improvement in detailed lipoprotein subclass distribution and apolipoprotein ratios than monotherapy...
- Family coronary heart disease: a call to actionH Robert Superko
Center for Genomics and Human Health, Saint Joseph s Translational Research Institute, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Cardiol 33:E1-6. 2010..For clinicians, the question is how to utilize this information, in an efficient manner, in order to improve patient care and detection of high-risk family members...
- Firefighters, heart disease, and aspects of insulin resistance: the FEMA Firefighter Heart Disease Prevention studyH Robert Superko
Saint Josephs Research Institute, Mercer University School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Occup Environ Med 53:758-64. 2011..To determine the association of cardiovascular risk markers with noninvasive imaging of atherosclerosis in firefighters...
- Differential effect of two nicotinic acid preparations on low-density lipoprotein subclass distribution in patients classified as low-density lipoprotein pattern A, B, or IH Robert Superko
Fuqua Center for Prevention, Fuqua Heart Center Piedmont Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia USA
Am J Cardiol 94:588-94. 2004..Nicotinic acid has a significantly greater effect on the decrease of small LDL subclass distribution and increase in LDL peak particle diameter in pattern B versus pattern A...
- Is it LDL particle size or number that correlates with risk for cardiovascular disease?H Robert Superko
Center for Genomics and Human Health, Saint Joseph s Translational Research Institute, 5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Road NE, Suite 675, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 10:377-85. 2008..LDL particle size and number provide independent measures of atherogenicity and are strong predictors of CVD...
- Lipid management to reduce cardiovascular risk: a new strategy is requiredH Robert Superko
Center for Genomics and Human Health, St Joseph's Translational Research Institute, 5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, Ste 675, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
Circulation 117:560-8; discussion 568. 2008
- Sophisticated tests for susceptibility to atherosclerosis: an added value for heart hospitalsH Robert Superko
Berkeley HeartLab, Inc, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA
Am Heart Hosp J 1:135-40. 2003..Incorporation of such a clinical service is consistent with the recent American College of Cardiology focus on the "CardioTeam."..